Chapter 2 Trouble

"what are you doing here?" I ask composing myself.

"I got a text from your school stating you never attended, why aren't you in school?" Sherlock demands.

I shrug. "schools pointless in my opinion, I already know, and I am on top of, everything were doing in class"

"I didn't give you permission to skip school!"

"Since when do I ask permission and you don't care about my education anyway" I retort.

"Katlyn you can't keep wandering off like that" he says sternly, his expression telling me he doesn't just mean wandering off school.

"it's hardly wandering off, if my Uncles got eyes on me twenty-four- seven. I mean come on that sales clerk behind me hasn't stoped staring at me since I came in, the woman sitting in the food court has past me and the surrounding area six times for threats, and she has changed her outfit to look less suspicious, which in my opinion, is why she looks even more suspicious. I'm safe out here Sherlock."

Sherlock sighs and shakes his head. "you know I don't mean it like" I do know, I also know he doesn't really care about my education as much as john does,  he just pretends he does so john won't off on a parental lecture. He cares more for my safety and health, then what I learn in school. A point he tried to make clear to john this morning, but be didn't pick up on the hint.

"come on since your here you might as well come with me on this case" he says, clearly not knowing what a normal parent says to thier kid when they skip school.

"um...ya, I'm just gonna' you know, leave, since I'm not needed or anything" Luna states.

Oh shoot I almost forgot Luna. I gave her a hug. "I'm sorry Luna you don't mind do you?. I'll tell your mom that your in the nurses office if she calls"

"thanks" Luna smiles, hugging me back. We let go and she walks into the food court. I made sure she was far enough out of my sight before turning back to Sherlock.

"I needed the distraction ok" I mutter, not looking at him.

"I know" I feel the warmth of his hand  on my shoulder. "are you alright?" he asks lowering the tone of his voice. I glance in the direction of the spies and nod once. I look at his hand, he swiftly removes it, understanding we're in a public place. "Let's get going then"

We swerve  through the swarm of crowd to the back entrance, where there is a line of cabs waiting, I hail the first one I see and we hope in, giving the cab driver the address. Sherlock hands me a file.

"Kala Danjerio, found dead in her apartment, causes of death believed to be aphixation."

I give him a knowing look. "you think otherwise?"

"No, I think she was drugged before hand look at the discolouring of the eyes"

I looked at the cloudy film covering her eyes. "small dosage of poison?"

"perhaps of what kind I do not know yet, it might chloroform."

"wouldn't Molly have detected this?, a corpse gives off clear signs in death, if it's been poisoned"

"true but the body was found in freezing conditions, which tells us she was dumped there. The frost coated her eyes, so it can be hard to detect"

"so I'm going on a limb here and say that were going to look at the body to determine if it's posion or chloroform, then we go find the needle right?"

"Nearly correct, ah here we are"

"Nearly?" I ask frowning. I'm pretty certain I got my facts straight.