Chapter 16 Uncle Mycrofts for protection?

Katie decided not to show Sherlock the note, she could handle herself. She crumpled the note and quickly shoved it into her back pocket just as the front door slammed closed.

"Katie I want your laptop and phone" Sherlock shouted up the stairs. Katie grumbled and grabbed her electronics.

"What if I'm sent a case" she smirked putting her laptop and phone on the table.

"Lestrade will send them to me" he replied throwing his coat on a chair.

"But..."

"you'll find something to do" sherlock said brightly.

"Easy for you to say you have your experiments" Katie mumbled.

"I do but before that. The note in your back pocket show it to me"

Katie stared "How did you..."

"Now katlyn" he snapped.

Katie reached into her back pocket and game him the note. Sherlock glanced at it.

"Katie pack your bags"

Katie didn't respond she just stood there staring.

"Its for your safety and its only for a week" he said quickly.

"Where am I going? Wait no you can't send me there he's so boring and grumpy"

"He's Mycroft I know you don't get along but he's your uncle he may have a rivalry with me but he will help to protect you"

Katie sighed she Knew there was no point arguing. Sherlock ruffled her drak locks.

"One week I promise"

"Fine but come with me at least I don't want to enter that house alone"

After she finished packing Katie jumped into a cab sherlock sliding in next to her.

"So does uncle dearest know I'm coming?" She asked although she already knew the answer.

"Nope" sherlock said popping the P'.

"Mycroft likes surprises"

Katie rolled her eyes she was glad she was an only child.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Mycroft was indeed surprised to see them but he was not pleased about it.

"Brother dearest" he said plastering a smile. "And my darling niece how are you. I hope Sherlock is treating you well"

"I'm fine Uncle dearest, I see your taking a break from that diet of yours" she remarked casting a glance around the gold coloured dinning room.

Mycroft bared the insult. "Good Katlyn I'm glad your coping"

Katie scowled. "No one calls me Katlyn" she said darkly sending him a piercing glare. Mycroft barley flinched but he didn't say another word to her.

Sherlock placed a hand protectively on her shoulder, his calmness relaxed her.

"I presume you know why we are here Mycroft"