Epilogue

Here it is the last chapter. I'm so sad I really enjoyed writing this :(. But I'm excited to write the sequel I have a lot of surprises in store for you :). I will update a note on when the sequel is up :). Love y'all Katie fans ;)

Johns P.O.V

Two months and there was no new leads to finding Katie. Sherlock hadn't left the apartment unless he found an important lead he hadn't excepted any new cases, he was driving miss Hudson up the walls refusing to eat. That's why I decided to give him a visit to knock some sense into him. I entered the flat only to have my head nearly blown off by a bullet.

"What the hell Sherlock" I roared.

"Not one lead john, not one! I'm being driven demented by the lack of evidence for god sake john its been two months" he shouted, he looked a mess his hair was wild and unbrushed he was still dressed in his pajamas and dressing gown. Photographs and small paragraphs on the case covered the walls.

I sighed. "Sherlock when was the last time you slept"

"Sleep" he shouted. "I dont need sleep john what I need is to find a bloody new lead or a new direction"

He collapsed into his chair and placed his fingertips on his lips. He glanced at me.

"I won't rest until she is back john, not until she's safe in my arms" he said quietly, he closed his eyes.

I stared at him, I didn't know what to say. This was the first time Sherlock started to feel responsible for her well being.

"Sherlock don't take responsibility for this. Its not..."

"She is my responsibility John" he shouted. "I know I haven't been taken responsibility for her these past few years but I most certainly made sure her protection was... and I failed to protect her"

"Not even you can predict that was going to happen it took everyone by surprise"

Sherlock shook his head. "No... I knew that James would try to harm her again, I knew he would come after her and I was stupid enough not to look out for her. I should have gotten her to trust me more then I would know what she was up to instead of running of recklessly into the arms of a murderer"

I looked at him. His eyes were shinning. I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Sherlock you can't blame yourself" I said softly. I just hope he finds something soon or he might do something drastic and end up in jail.

Katie P.O.V

I was relocated to a more suitable living area. It was small but manageable so long as I cooperated I wouldn't get any beatings. I lost count of the days ive been here. So far I got three broken ribs broke both my legs puncterd a major artery and my stomach and arms had more scars then skin. I stopped fighting after the first week. I was tortured and broken and used in more ways then my mind could endure. I got to know my jailers well some were kind and gave me sympathy they took pity on me and gave me extra food when they could, but I didn't speak to anyone after my torture sessions were over. I got to know Maria she would ramble on as she cleaned my cuts after my weekly whip lashes I would get twenty sometimes more judging on how I behaved. I learned my captors name was James he decided he wasn't going to kill me yet and that he had use for me. Everyday I grew more and more isolated my life became a living hell! But there was one thing I won't lose and that's hope that sherlock will find me because I love him.