Chapter 11 A Difficult Decision

Katie's P.O.V

John spat out his team whilst Sherlock remained calm his usual placid expression on his face.

"Your What?" John asked shocked dropping his cup of tea in the process.

"Oh, do be careful John" Sherlock snapped.

"How can you be calm about this? Your own daughter is pregnant" John said incredulously.

"I'm aware of what she said John, she needs to take a pregnancy test to prove it" he sighed irritably.

I rolled my eyes "She is right here" I said.

"John go to the clinic and get Katie a pregnant test" Sherlock ordered.

Johns face flushed with embarrassment bug said nothing muttering under his breath, he grabbed his coat and left the apartment.

Wen he was gone I stretched out on the sofa and looked at Sherlock sitting with a unreadable expression on his face.

I spotted my dark blue Violin case standing by the bookshelf not a speck of dust on its velvet surface. It was my most important possession my music meant a lot to me. I got up and opened the case stroking my violin lovingly. I plucked the strings softly and smiled Sherlock tuned it for me. I would thank him later. I took the violin and bkw out of the case, I placed my violin on my shoulder tucked it comfortably under my chin. Slowly I slid my bow over the strings composing a piece I wrote earlier in the week. This piece I was planning on playing for Sherlock as a thank you for comforting me these past few years. Its not very often I like to show my gratitude towards people. I found myself swaying to the sweet melody that filled the room. I noticed Sherlock closed his eyes and listened watching him I played more softly allowing myself to relax.

After about 10 minutes of my soft melody. John walked in carrying my pregnancy test. I stopped playing and Sherlock opened his eyes a flash of annoyance flickered in his eyes then it vanished.

"As always John your timing is impeccable" Sherlock sneered.

"There was a long que" John muttered.

I grabbed the test from his hand and went to the bathroom I read the instructions and followed them.

Someone knocked on the door "Are you all right" Sherlocks voice asked.

"I'm fine" I called. "Give me a moment please". I read the test and gave a huge sigh of relief I wasn't pregnant. I opened the door a crack and showed Sherlock the test, he gave me a small smile. "You can relax know" he whispered. I nodded then I hugged him quickly. Sherlock looked at me surprised the he returned the hug.

'thank you" I whispered into his jacket.

"For what" he muttered softly in my hair.

"For understanding and I'm sorry for snapping at you" I started but cut me off.

"Don't apologize please" he groaned and I chuckled stepping away from him.

Then I stared at the floor a blush forming on my cheeks. "Um...can I....can I spend the evening with you" I asked a little uncomfortable. I was not used to this kind of situation I rarely had proper bonding time with Sherlock and when I did its a little embarrassing at first.

"You may" Sherlock smiled.

I looked up at him and grinned "Great"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A chapter just like I promised ;)