~ Chapter 5 ~

~ Chapter 5 ~

"There is a letter for you on the counter Kiana." My mother's soft voice was the first thing I heard when I entered the kitchen and the smell of food makes my empty stomach growl.

I stop dead in my tracks, staring down at a neatly folded letter sitting on the kitten counter. It had a label with 'Pine Ridge Academy' written in fine hand-writing.

"When did this get here..?" I ask softly, trying to buy time.

I was way to nervous to even touch the letter right now. To many thoughts were going through my head right now. Especially Dylan.. Oh Dylan.. No! I needed to focus on the academy and the academy only.

"Oh, a few weeks ago." She finally relies.

"MOM!"

"What?

"Why the hell didn't you give this to me?! It's important!"

"Sorry."

The fact that she didn't even seem to care infuriated me. I wanted to just start swinging fist, however I knew that wouldn't end very well. Snatching the letter from the counter, I run up to my room and slam the door behind me.

My hands shake and my eyes keep flashing over to the letter. A meow suddenly catches my attention and I turn my head over to a large orange barn cat sitting on my bed; Jerry. Jerry was my cat that I had raised from a kitten, and I loved him with all my heart.

"Hey boy.." I whisper, siting down besides him and scratching behind his ears. Purrs erupt from him and a quick giggle escapes my lips.

Suddenly the temptation to open the letter overwhelms me and I jump up, snatching it in my fingers and slowly tearing it open. As I stand there, holding the paper in my hands, my stomach does a few flips and flops. Opening the letter, I read the first few lines and my heart jumps.

I was accepted.

And I was leaving tomorrow.