~ Chapter 15 ~

~ Chapter 15 ~

Since Bear was out for a few weeks, the academy was just like any other school. Lame classes that you had to sit through and terrible food that made you sick to your stomach. I had to sit out during jumping, racing and free ride. That sucked.

I'm sitting in science when all the sudden, a neatly folded note lands in the center of my desk. I open it and it reads: "Meet me in the parking lot after class."

I turn around to see Luke, staring at me with a devilish grin on his face. With a nod, I sigh and finish listening to the boring lesson about tectonic plates.

Finally, after a whole torturous hour, the end-of-school bell rings. I waste no time as I rocket out the doors and to my dorm room, pulling on a fresh T-shirt and jeans, then rushing out to the parking lot.

There he was. Standing with the same devilish look in his eyes and two horses fully equipped.

"Luke! Who is this?" I ask, petting a beautiful dapple Appaloosa mare.

"Her name is Sundrop. My friend Andrea said you can ride her for now."

I give him a hug and pull myself up onto the mare. It felt good to be back up on the back of a horse.

"Where to?" I ask.

"I know just the place."

Giving his horse a quick kick, the pair races of into a bundle of trees, me following carefully behind.

"Wait! Wait up!"

We thunder down winding trails and dusty path ways. The mare was way different then what I was used too. Either way, I was just happy that I was finally back on a horse.

A few minutes later we arrived at a huge, beautiful waterfall. Mist surrounded the pool bellow and the falling water seemed like heaven.

"Whoa.."

Luke chuckles and raises an eyebrow.

"You like?"

"I love! This is absolutely amaz-"

I was cut off when he leaps off his horse, walking over to the falls edge and jumping from the top. Down he fell into the raging current bellow.

"LUKE!"

He was gone. Out of sight. Fractionally, I run to the side and stare down into the rapids. Beads of sweat run down my face and tears stream down my cheeks.

"LUKE! WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!"