~ Chapter 8 ~

~ Chapter 8 ~

I will never forget the first time I saw that pale, makeup covered, anorexic face. It stuck out of all the other faces of people who had crowded around the scene in the dorm rooms. Luke and I had rushed over in a hurry, shock quickly taking me over.

"What the hell is going on?!" He shouts, talking to a teacher who was trying to calm down the screaming girl.

"NO! I will not let this happen!" The girl's high pitched voice practically shatters glass as she gets louder and louder.

"I am supposed to have a dorm room to myself! Not sharing with some inexperienced farm girl!"

Anger builds up inside me and I can literally feel the steam coming out my ears. 'Farm girl' was something that was very offensive to me; to any rancher honestly.

I step forward into the jumble of chaos and stare down at my bags, which were tossed to the side in a pile.

"Excuse me..?"

My voice was soft. Even softer than a whisper. The girl, who I had figured by now was Christina, just shot me a nasty look and goes back to arguing with the workers. That's about the time that I lost it.

"HEY!"

This time, my voice booms through the crowd and even Luke shoots me a surprised glance.

All attention is turned towards me. I just stare at Christina with my hands on my hips.

"Do we have a problem here?"

She scowls and replies, "Hell ya we have a problem, and that problem is you, farm girl."

"RANCHER." I correct her as politely as possible. "I come from a ranch, not a farm."

"Same thing."

"Um.. No."

Her attention is turned from me and back to the workers.

"There has to be something that you can do. Having my own room is not something that I am willing to give up.

"Sorry Christina, but there is nothing I can do about this one."

With that, the workers finished putting my bags into the room and walked off, taking the large audience with them.

I shot Luke a nervous glance and he simply shrugs. After all, what exactly was he supposed to do about it? I sigh and tighten my grip on the handle of my duffle bag, nod to Luke, and head inside the room for the first time.

"Wow it's... Big."

Looking around the massive light pink and white room, I stare wide eyed at the horse posters and expensive furniture that covered every inch of the wall.

"Ya, whatever."

It hadn't even been an hour yet and I already didn't like Christina. She was one of those girls that were spoiled rotten and no matter what you did, that only cared about themselves.

Christina had long, black hair with faint blonde highlights; probably not natural. She was skinny. Majorly skinny. My guess is that she is either anorexic or simply a workout freak. Besides that, she just looks like a normal girl. It's her personality that bites.

As she lays on her bed and texts, I simply Toss my duffle bag to my side of the room and flop down onto my bed. This day hadn't gone at all like I had expected. But who knows, maybe that was a good thing.

"So.. I'm guessing we can't be friends since you've already seemed to have decided that I'm an enemy?"

A hint of humor was noticeable within my voice, but she simply scoffs and just stares at me with her cold grayish - blue eyes.

"Listen here farm girl--"

"Rancher."

I correct her again with a smile on my face. She narrows her eyes and takes a step towards me.

"This is MY room. That means that you will be following MY rules. Do I make myself clear?"

I just nod and stare down at my feet. I wasn't one to stand up for myself. I never really had been.

As Christina gives me a satisfied smirk, I just bury my face in my pillow and hold back the tears that I can feel building up.

It had only been a day, and I could already tell that this academy was going to be a living nightmare.