~ Chapter 6 ~

~ Chapter 6 ~

The sound of rain bouncing off the house roof is the sound that awakens me the next morning. Jerry was sleeping at the foot of my bed and my bags, which I had packed in a hurry last night, and I was still half asleep as I stumbled across my room to my closet. I needed to dress in something nice. Something that showed I wasn't a rich snob, but I wasn't a slob either. Finally I just give up and choose a pair of skinny jeans and a big red sweat shirt. After all, I don't really care what people think about me and I'm not going to start now.

Finally after I get dressed and straighten my long brunette hair, I pack all my bags into my dad's blue truck and we start driving down the road. A five hour drive awaited us and the darkness made it so that I couldn't see anything past my own nose. However, I guess my dad could because he wasn't driving any different than any other day.

Me and my dad never got along. Honestly, he irritated me more than anyone on the planet and I didn't feel like he even cared about me. The only reason he even agreed to send me to Pine Ridge Academy was because he would no longer have to deal with me. So I just sat there silent, hoping that this drive would be over soon.

*******

When we pulled into the parking lot of the academy, my stomach hurt in a way I could never explain. So many people were standing there, waiting for me and my 'legendary' horse to come out of the rusty truck. With a deep breath, I step out of the truck and refuse to make eye contact with any of the people watching me. I simply walk to the back of the truck and undo the latch on the large black trailer. Bear leaps from the trailer and rears high into the air, his head and body being tossed with great force into the air.

"Easy Bear!" I shout, my brown eyes scanning the crowed of gaping people nervously.

The people were obviously making Bear uncomfortable, however there was nothing I could do about that. After what seemed like hours of him making a huge scene, the large stallion finally begins to calm down. As I cast a glance over my shoulder I see many sneers and scowls as people laugh at my so called 'broken racehorse.' The looks make me obsoletely furious, but alas, there is nothing I can do.

"Come on boy.." I mutter under my breath, watching my feet as I lead my horse in the direction of the stables.

As I walk, I begin to notice that a few people were amazed that a horse such as Bear was at the academy, and a few of them even mumble. "look at that horse..."

This of course brings a small amount of confidence back into me and a walk into the stables with my head held high.

And that's when my journey officially began.