~ Chapter 9 ~

~ Chapter 9 ~

Luke came by the dorm room to pick me up at around 12:00pm. He had promised that he would take me on a tour around the school and come with me to pick up my schedule. Honestly, I was hoping we had a few classes together. Maybe more than a few..

"Is everything alright?" His familiar voice instantly breaks my train of thought.

"Huh..? Oh ya.. I'm fine."

I laugh embarrassed and rub my shoulder. Christina had really scared the shit out of me, but of course I wasn't going to tell him that.

"You sure? You don't look alright. In fact, you look like you are ready to puke any minute now."

"I said I was fine, alright?"

My sassy attitude seems to get the better of me, however I instantly regret saying it the minute the worlds leave my lips.

"I'm sorry Luke.." I say with a sigh.

"It's cool." He just shrugs and walks into a small room.

A large woman awaited us. She sat at a desk and was talking on the phone, typing on a computer so fast that you could barley even see her fingers.

"Excuse me?" Luke interrupts her call only to be shot a nasty glance.

The woman points to the phone and presses a pudgy finger to her lips. I jut laugh and watch as Luke slowly backs away.

"Well that worked out well."

He huffs and sits down in a chair. I sir next to him.

"Well, I told you that no one at this school is friendly.."

"You are."

My cheeks begin to turn red, and then I cover them, which makes them even more red. God I'm an idiot.

"So.." I say, trying to change the topic.

Luke looks over and sees the women still on the phone, then rolls his eyes. Suddenly, his glare is replaced with a mischievous smile and he stands, holding out his hand for me.

"What do you say you and I ditch this 'tour' and go riding?"

I didn't even have to say a word for him to know my answer. The two of us were out the door within seconds and racing down to the stables.

So maybe this academy wasn't so bad. After all, I did have Luke. I'de only known him a day and already considered him a friend. As long as he was here, what could go wrong?

Suddenly, as we enter the stables, I see Christina. And she was standing in front of Bear's stall with a devilish smile on her face.

I should have known not to get too comfortable.