~ Chapter 14 ~

~ Chapter 14 ~

I woke up in a strange place. The last thing I remember was crying with Bear.. Bear!

My head shoots up and I instantly see Luke, sleeping in a chair. I was in a bed; a hospital bed. I definitely didn't want to be there, either.

"Luke!"

He jerks awake, rubbing his eyes and staring groggily at me.

"Mhm.. Ya?"

"Bear.. How is he?"

Silence.

"Luke!"

"Alright! He's alright I guess... It's not broken or anything. Just sprained I guess. It was mostly fear that made him stiffen like that."

Relief overwhelms me.

"So that's it? Just a sprain?"

"Ya, the vet says you can start working him again in a few weeks."

I fall back onto the bed, sighing and staring at the ceiling.

"So why am I here exactly?" I ask.

"You fell pretty hard, Kiana. I wanted to make sure you were alright."

"Well I'm fine. And right now all I really want to do is go home. I have school tomorrow, remember?"

He laughs and shakes his head, standing up and helping me out of bed.

"Well then we better get going. You've got yet another big day tomorrow."

He flashes a toothy grin and leads me to his car.

**************

Back at the dorm, it felt super lonely. I honestly wish that Christina would have stayed. At least then I would have someone to talk too. Even if all we did was fight.

Instead, I spent a few hours texting Dylan and eating Cheetos while watching animal documentaries. Yes, that's what I do on my free time. Pretty lame.

I kept thinking about what Luke said about a big day tomorrow. Could anything possibly be bigger than what had already happened to me? Besides, it was just school. Nothing real special.

Brushing it off, I put the Cheetos away, turn off the TV and continue to text Dylan until I crash on the soft mattress.