Chapter 2: I hate New York

Eric John Blake P O V

I hate New York, everything here reminds me of my past, of Emily. I miss her so badly even after all these years. I still remember the last time I saw her. Emily was my elder sister , she loved to work in an orphanage in a dangerous neighborhood. She also tried to help people and especially children. One day, she caught one of the orphanage boy selling drugs and when she tried to help him the kid stabbed her and just like that I lost my sister at the age of eighteen. I don't even remember the year after her death as I started to drink and even took drugs to forget the pain. My parents were devastated and seeing me killing myself little by little did not help so they sent me to Paris, hoping a change of paysage will do me good. However, it did not I still party hard almost everyday and with my looks and money girls are easy too. I won't lie it boosts my ego a lot. However, one thing changed I seriously studied and got my masters in business with highest grades, afterwards I looked after our company in Paris. Now I am return to New York. My father wants me to take over the company there.

When I arrived at home, mom was already waiting and hugged and kissed me for at least five minutes before letting me in. After a family lunch during which my father not very discreetly said that I was still immature and that I need to settle down in order to have a good image, I excused myself and went to my room to call Mike.

"Hey Fucker, what's up"

"I was about to call Bastard, are you up for a party tonight, thereis a new club that I want to check out and we're Friday so hot chicks everywhere". Like me, Mike is a party person, he is the only guy from New York with whom I'm in contact.

"Sure pick me around 10?"

"Will do, listen I've to go, there is a meeting that I need to attend, I see you tonight'

"Okay see you, Asshole"

I just hung up when someone knocked at my door.

"come in" I said while checking my social networks

"Son, we need to talk", Oh boy, it sounds like a break-up line,get a grip Eric stay calm!

"Sure dad, but I'm still not going out with that Ashley whoever she is"

"It's Alison, well too bad your relation would have strengthen our business. Listen as you know I want you to takeover the company but you have to prove me that I can trust to fulfill commitments. So I want you to spend the next week in Saint Mary Hostel."

"Sounds like a hostel for girls, if that's the case I'm in" I grinned at him, while he just shook his head with a small smile on his face.

"Not exactly, it is a hostel for cop's children those you died on duty. If their children have no one to turn to, they go to this hostel."

"So only under aged girls? I don't want to go and besides I just got there, let me at least relax a bit before I take over"

"Listen to me you spoil brat, your mother might tolerate your stupid and childish behavior but I will not. I don't want you to become the arrogant asshole I was before your mother came to my life. So you're going there with a big smile and coming back in a week."My father yelled at me

I was very close to answer back, but my mother arrived and asked my father to leave.

"I know since Emily your relation is not good but you have to know that he loves you and he is doing this so you don't become like most of the businessmen just thinking about the money and fame. You know for us, family comes first, you can have anything and everything but if you're alone at the top of the world you won't be happy."

"You're right I still blame him for Emily, he shouldn't have let her work there it was dangerous everyone knew that"

"Stop we all have cried enough, it's time we move on, he blames himself, you know very well how much he loved her, you used to get jealous because your father would have eyes only for her."

"I miss her mom"

"I miss her too, she just had this vibe that made everyone comfortable, please do as your father says, you have no idea how much worried he is for you"

"Only for you mom I will"

"That's my boy, they are organizing workshop for children so they can help them decide what they want to do with their lives, your role is to help them"

"What!!!!!"

"Yeah challenging I know, as your father always decided for you but you have to overcome this if you want the company" with a sad smilemy mother left the room.

 I HATE NEW YORK