Chapter 18: past

Désirée P O V

Being with Eric was perfect, he might be a bit over protective because now I need two bodyguards when I go out and I have to answer all his messages, if I don't want to be thrown on his shoulder and locked up with him, his words not mine. Except these changes there is absolutely nothing that I would change in my life. I feel happy.

When I came to St Mary everyone has heard about our marriage and I received hatred glares from girls and they are only teenagers! God girls nowadays. Friday morning I received a call from Eric we have just parted away two hours ago. I excused myself from the meeting to answer the call.

"Can you come home" he asked

"what? Why? Are you okay?"

"I need you right now"

"I'll be there in no time"

I texted Lily that I have an emergency and she texted me that she'll cover for me. I went to home and I saw him looking out of the window, when he turned around he seemed sad, I ran to him and hugged him tight.

"What is going on"

"Frederick commited suicide"

"Oh My God"

"I feel so responsible for his death, he wrote a letter before dying and it stated that he was indeed on drugs as you suspected when I approached him on Tuesday he denied it and refused to take a test"

"oh no Oh my God no not again please" I started crying it was as if someone threw me in past. "I never wanted that! I killed him oh no I killed him like I killed David! No god no please no no noooo"Eric panicked seeing me like this, I kept crying and blabbing God knows what. I didn't realize when I feel asleep but I was still a bit conscious as I felt Eric picking me up and put me in bed.

It's dark and I am walking in the noisy streets of Boston, I am meeting a guy who will give me some coke to sell. I don't like doing it I have never used drugs myself but I need to survive. I saw Nick and he looked at me with a grin. I gave him his money 50% of what I made and he gave me some more powder. I walked back to my car which is also my house. Tomorrow I have an early class I need some sleep so I put on my music and think about my mother. She would be ashamed of me yet I can't find myself to go back home. Only this year I won't sell drugs ever again I promised myself. I cried thinking about my mother and cried I am so lonely and I hate this world, I want my mommy back, please God give her back to me.

"Désirée" someone is calling, it seems like a whisper, but who?I am lost and tired and scared and lonely, no one is here.

"Désirée" the voice became more urgent.

"Désirée love wake up please"

I opened my eyes suddenly, it took me around three minutes to realize that I am in bed with Eric my husband not in my car and back to highschool.

"love you okay?"

"I just had a bad dream"

"do you want to talk about it?"

"no can you hold me"

"of course love"

Eric P O V

She scared me. What is wrong with her? Since I have told her about Frederick she became hysteric and I don't know what to do. I can't see her like this. I love her too much. I can see something is bothering her? Who the fuck is David? And Nick? I need to contact my private investigator to find out as I know she won't tell me anything. She hates talking about herself but she might need to open up to me. I won't let it past.