Chapter 19: Epilogue

Eric P O V

"Give in"

"No"

"I swear boy you're as stubborn as your mother"

"well she is my mother and she has given me her genes  so it's my job to protect and preserve them"

"what is going on here?" Désirée asked

"your son is not cut out for business he is too.."

"human?" Désirée finished the sentence

"honey I love you but this is business he won't successed if he keeps trying to help poor people and not expanding the business."

"David what is your project"

"Mum I want to locate one of your company in Venezuela, people there are starving to death and if we locate there they would get job and they would be able to fed themselves. You always say we should keep in mind people's self esteem."

"Well it's a nice project and my NGO is also working on an aid for Venezuela."

"can I join you instead of dad? I hate business and his secretary keeps hitting on me"

"i rather prefer she hits on you than on my husband honey"

"I think Emily  is more into business than David" I said

"Of course she is, after all she is a daddy's girl even now that she is 25 you treat her like she is 5. I haven't forgot how you used to bring her here on her off days because you wanted her to be with you all the time. She has grown up here surrounded by business and meetings"

"talking about me?" Emily entered my office she looks exactly like her mother but she has my personality while David looks like me and got his mothers.

"Emily for God sake take the company over, I want to join mom's NGO"

"I told you dad will never approve your Venezuela's project, it might be 'human' but not profitable to our company this is business not a charity"

"that's my girl" I high five her

"you guys are unbelievable" Désirée said

"oh come on you have our son, he is still a mommy's boy he even talks like you!"

"you're saying this as if it was a bad thing" Désirée answered

"no I am just saying that in business there are not so many emotions unlike in your field"

"David will work with me from now on, keep your daughter here"

"Guys please" Emily said suddenly "we all know that after each argue you guys jump on each other and I really don't need to see how I was conceived"

"you're right she is definitely your daughter"

"you're saying this as if it was a bad thing" I laughed

"Emily I think we should leave them, let's have lunch" David said

"tomorrow is your 30th wedding anniversary and you guys still behave like a young couple"

"blame your father"

"what can I say I am still crazy about my wife"

"DAD!!" both of my children yelled

"don't 'dad' me how do you think you guys came along? I had to practice a lot for you to come in this world. You should be thankful!"

"My ears I need bleach, mom say something to your husband!"

"he is your daddy dearest I have been putting up enough with him for thirty years as you yourself underlined why don't you try to put some sense into him"

"We are leaving" David said while dragging Emily out with him

Once the door was closed I attacked my wife, she has been so busy with her work that we don't spend enough time together. After a very hot make out session which included grabbing her everywhere, we pulled apart breathing hard.

"I miss you"

"I miss you too husband, but this project was also very important"

"I know that's why I didn't complain, after all you struggled a lot to open this center"

"yeah hopefully young people who feel the need to use drugs would come here and get a free treatment instead of losing themselves to drugs"

"you're amazing"

"you make me amazing everyday, even after thirty years I still love you like crazy husband, I am nothing without you"

"I am nothing without you too, people might think I only understand the language of business but the truth is I only feel like a human with you. I spend my days being a robot just doing what people expect from me but with you I am myself"

"I know I have observed your cold attitude with your workers and your carefree one with me"

"I love you so much and I am glad that David is like you, we need people like both of you selfless and caring. I nammed our daughter Emily after my sister hoping she will be like and her: caring,loving, selfless but nope she has to be like me"

"Stop complaining you're an excellent example I am glad she is like you and not emotional or naive like I was. Hopefully she won't trick someone into marrying her"

"I still remember our first wedding night, you were fun"

"I also liked our second wedding night and our second wedding, your mother really knows how to organize a perfect wedding and her choice for our honeymoon was perfect"

"well would you like us to revive our honeymoon ? Let's go to Bora-Bora? What do you say?"

"I say after such a heavy project I do deserve a vacation"

"I love you Mrs. Eric Blake"

"I love you too Mr. Eric Blake"