Saving Lilly.

Book One.

Saving Lilly.

Chapter One.

I was 6 when I ran away from home; it wasn't a place any child could call home. My parents were crack heads they drank & smoked all sorts, sniffed and injected anything brought to them from their cruddy friends. I was the only child and I had to bring myself up from stealing from corner shops and picking through diner bins, that was me trying to survive here in the big apple no one fended for me no one took care of me & no one loved me. I've never known love from a parent to a child and I craved it. All I had were the constant beatings and abuse that haunts me in my dreams pain, anger, guilt & unhappiness was a never ending feeling.

That's until I meet Lilly.

The misty green 1 bedroom flat was filled with the smell & smoke of marijuana I slowly made my way through the corridor into the living room, the place was a pig style bottles & cans of beer were scattered everywhere, used needles with a pitch of blood stains were laid on what was once a coffee table was now filled with rows of white faint powder lines. I scanned the room and saw whom I'm supposed to call "mom" Delilah Ann Rose 23, 5ft3 , dark skinned , unemployed, prostitute been arrested twice and a pot head . She was slummed on the coach smoking "You eaten" she blow out a puff smoke and gave me an intense look "There's nothing to eat" I respond not looking at her, the flies seem to be attracted by the body underneath the clutter, the person began to move it was the man I'm supposed to call "daddy" . Drew Davis 24, light skinned, never had a job, arrested 4x , abusive father addicted to crack and heroine "Drew" my mother exhaled a puff of smoke she was growing impatient "Drew!" she chucked a pillow at him and he groaned "Drew there's no food in this Mother*** house" she continued smoking , he groaned a little more and finally got up he was shirtless & wore a worn out track suite bottom. As he was stretching and sniffing I scanned what I should be calling father & saw the scars he gained in prison but never spoke of. Examining his chest were the bold tattoo that read "Trust No one" oblivious to the fact that I was staring at him for too long he came close still half asleep "Get out my face brah, stupid little bitch staring at... "He mumbled the last bit on his way to the toilet.