Chapter Seventeen.

Weeks and months went past and everything was going according to plan. We were giving the girls with a fighting chance extra food and less doses and those who wouldn't be able to make it we gave them extra doses, Carlos and Lilly were acting even more suspicious and strange since that car ride back from the mall just this morning Lilly left me a note and a phone saying "ring me the second Franco's mother gets In" and since then I have been waiting, waiting for Franco's mother and the devil himself. What seemed like ages I heard noses downstairs I moved around in the bed the noise downstairs was interrupting my nap, I leapt out of bed to see who was making the noise "I'll be making spaghetti tonight, but I need garlic and onions from the store ...." Her strong Italian accent rang I racked my brain to who it belonged too, Oh crap how long has she been here. Immediately my mind races back to what Lilly wanted me to do there was only one contact on the phone and right now the phone couldn't be found "We're are you phone .....no please ... Come on come on ..Yes!!" Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring! "Come on Lilly pick up" Ring! Ring!. And that's when I heard it the footsteps I quickly disposed the phone and sat on the bed waiting to meet however was coming up the stairs.

creek "Where's Lilly?"

My heartbeat quickened and the words seem to jumble up "She em... She's ..." Franco stepped into the room causing me to tense up and slowly move back "She errr... She..." Franco was now confused and his hands were in his suite trouser pockets. "Okay I'm gonna ask you again..." He said rubbing his head "and this this time answer me correctly or I will not hesitate to put a bullet through you" I swallowed hard and opened and closed my mouth. Just as the silence was going to be placed by a gun shot a noise was heard in the bathroom, both of our heads swung to bathroom door the door knob slowly tuned and there appears Lilly steam fills the bathroom and there with a towel rapped around her and her roughly drying her hair with another towel she leans on the bathroom door frame and turns to Franco "Did you need something?".

Franco looked amazed and confused he turned to me and I smiled "She's in the bathroom" I smile as I watched him stare between us and scoff around were he was standing. He turns to leave and there comes Carlos rushing to the door out of breath and looking concerned it took us all a minute till Franco spoke for us all "Where were you?" Carlos couldn't speak he was out of breath "The pair of youse meet me downstairs...everyone's acting so fucking weird today?" and his off. I glance at Lilly "How did you get..." She slowly opens the bathroom door further the steam clears exposing the vent door that was now hanging on a lose screw I laugh and fall back and relax on the bed while giggling with great relief, with a triumph smile Lilly struts to the bedroom door hanging onto her towel and shuts the door on poor Carlos who was still trying to get his breath back.

God I love you Lills.