Chapter Four.

I grabbed my jacket, my bag and shoes and ran out the room I went to the living room were the bastards laid zoned out , I grabbed what I could in each of their pockets $30 and a packet of chewing gum I run out the house I could hear my mother yelling my name . I didn't look back I just ran as far as my legs could take me and that's the day I vouched & promised that I would never go back home ever.

Because Home was were Lilly was ...

The spring weather in New York was the worst; I slept in parks, behind and inside dust bins just to keep warm. I meet some really nice people who have lived out on the streets longer than me some offered me spaces to stay the night they moved around a lot as the police would usually come to bother them about were their were laying their heads, I found it a lot easier to sleep in the parks it was quite and safe ...for now. I've been sleeping in this park for the past 3 weeks and the weather didn't seem to change I found some blankets In some dustbins outside a charity shop and they've really kept me warm through some nights but when it rains it's the worst. It started getting dark as I strolled through the streets trying to get some spare change from people passing by. I took a train to the next stop got off and walked for 2 hours I'd go past Dan's diner and search though there bins, he would usually throw out bread and expired ham this time I got caught again and legged it "SCRAM! GET OUTTA HERE!" he barked as I ran through the busy road and heard multiple cars horn. I laughed and smiled at my success of getting away and grabbing dinner, I made my way through the forest making my sandwich, of cause what Ricky had given me wasn't enough to last me a week let alone 3 weeks so Dan's Diners expired food would have to do ... for now, just as I was about to take a second bite I saw two men get out a black car leaving the car lights on the car was placed at the right entrance of the park they looked suspicious. I mean what would two guys in the middle of the night be doing at this abandoned park , The first guy who got out was medium height and he was hovering around the corner of the park on his phone he wore a black jacket and black jeans and black shoes he looked Mexican he had jet black hair and he had a pieced ear, the other guy was bigger much bigger he was looking through my blankets he tossed it and sat on one of the swings , I placed the sandwich in my bag and approached the park.

From here I didn't know we're this confidence came from I guess it was something Lilly would do.

"Hay can I help you?"

my cute innocent cocky voice rose I stopped at the park fence the two men were startled the one on the phone turned looked up and down at me then turned and responded back to the person down the line. He smiled a creepy smile and he walked over to me placing his phone in his jacket pocket. "Hay their little girl" he stopped and bent down and his face were levelled with mine the man looked like he was in his 30s he had a Balbo beard cut and a black eye on his left eye which exposed that he was in a recent fight. "Me and my friend here are helping young children such as yourself off the streets" he had a husky voice sure did sound like he smokes a lot "Who said I was the one sleeping on the streets or needed your help?" I tilted my head and looked at both men. He chuckled and turned to his friend and pointed back at me as to say "look at this girl? Who does she think she is" his friend shrugged his shoulders and placed a lollypop in his mouth. He looked back at me "Then tell me chika..." "It's Skylar" I cut him off he turned to his pal at the swings once again and chucked and shrugged his shoulders "Alright Tell me Skylar" emphasis on my name, I smiled "We're in God's name is a 7 year old girl I presume doing all on their own through the roughest part of New York at 11'oclock at night?" The question hit home the smile on my face slowly disappeared. I fell silent and was brought upon my past "Listen to me chika; me and my friend here were the good guys we've looked after hundreds of kids your own age. See we have this big orphanage outside the city were lots of kids like yourself come in & we take them to school, buy them clothes give them food, shelter now doesn't that sound nice uh" he gives me that sick smile that just makes me want to slap him, but the thought of a home cooked meal was winning me over but I wasn't so convinced that this man cared about my welfare or anyone else's. I stepped back more alert "No thanks ... erm I have to go now" the once full wide creepy sick smile slowly vanished from his face and an angry look came over him I kept stepping back my eyes never leaving his face as he slowly rose up "Bag her" is all that left his lips and a bag was placed over my face and a stabbing pain to my neck, my legs become weak and I blacked out.