10

- Eight Months Later -

Justin

Fuck my life.

I miss Rose like hell and this beer seems to be the only thing that makes me forgot about her so I don't have an emotional breakdown.

"JUSTIN!" I sprung from my seat, quickly running up stairs to see Grace and glass shards scattered across the floor.

"What happened?" I said monotonously, running the back of my hand over my upper lip wiping away the alcohol.

"The baby kicked pretty hard and I ended up dropping the glass." She explained, taking a seat on the bed. "Could you please clean that up for me?" I stared at her baby bump.

It was pretty big now, holding my baby girl waiting for me. I was actually pretty excited to finally see my daughter, Reneé. Her name was Rose's middle name, but I didn't tell Grace that because I knew she'd want to change it.

God, I miss her so much it hurts.

Wiping the tear that started to fall, I nodded heading down stairs to grab the broom. Rose moved out like she said she would and moved back into her own house. It hurt so much having so sleep in the same bed as Grace. I felt like I wasn't being loyal to Rose sleeping in the same bed as Grace.

Grace told me she had horrible nightmares and wanted me to sleep with her some nights. It turned into every night. Every morning when I wake up is the same. It's dull and emotionless. It's almost as if the happiness drained out of me as soon as Rose stepped out of our house.

Damn it.

Before going back up stairs, the door bell rang. Sniffing, I sat the cleaning tools down and opened the door.

"Jason?" My eyebrows knitted together at the sudden visit from my brother.

"Ah, little bro. Nice to see you again. Glad you're okay, I heard you crashed." I clenched my jaw, holding back the urge to slam my fist into the side of his face.

"Yeah, bro, I'm okay. What brings you here?" I put on a smile like I always did. Even though I felt numb in my chest, I ignored it acting as if everything was okay.

"I heard you're having a baby soon." He wiggled his eyebrows. "Whose the lucky girl?" Squinting my eyes at the fact that he wasn't threatening my life, I went along with it.

"Yeah, her name's... Grace. We're have a um, girl." I answered feeling out of place.

"Grace," he rubbed his chin. "Beautiful name, what's the baby's name?"

"You're quite curious aren't you, McCann? I don't know why you decided to come visit all of a sudden." I felt myself snapping at him.

Now it was his turn to clench his jaw. "I came because we're family. I'm quite surprised you haven't told mom, what's that about?" He spat losing himself in his anger like he always did.

"Why should I? If it's not with the girl I love then fuck it, right? I love my daughter but I just don't love her mother." I sighed inwardly slapping myself for telling him that. I hate having to act like everything's okay.