16

Justin

My girl was laying right in front of me, naked in all her glory. She was mine and back in my arms where she belonged. I sighed in content. I was happy but I couldn't help but think of Renée. I honestly missed her regardless if she was my daughter or not. She was special to me as a niece even if she was Jason's actual blood.

My hand clenched into a fist at the thought– I wanted to give him a piece of my mind. He wasted 9 months of my life for someone that didn't even matter to me, he had some explaining to do. If I had to pin him down to get his confession, so be it.

I glanced across the room at the little black box that sat on the desk beside my piles of work. I was planning something special. Of course with time I would he ready but for now I was happy with how things were working out. I really needed to find a hiding place for that.

I heard a small whimper and I looked down to see Rose fluttering her eyes open, her tired brown eyes finding mine.

"Have a good sleep, baby?" I smirked. She seemed to frown and move away from me, troubled. She looked away from me then back uncertain of the small nickname I gave her.

"What's the matter, sweetheart?" I tried with another nickname.

"What time is it?" She avoided my eyes.

I ignored the sting in my chest and checked the clock. "Almost 6 in the morning... why?"

"I need to go..." she muttered.

I watched as she hurried off the bed, eagerly trying to get away from me. "Why are you leaving? You might as well stay since it's–"

"I can't... Justin I just... can't," when her eyes met mine I knew she meant more than just leaving my home. She meant she can't do this– us.

"Why?" My voice cracked. We had just united in all the shit I and I'm sure she had gone through; the pain and separation and she was ready to just drop it already?

"I did something... wrong," a tear fell from her pretty eyes as she looked down in shame.

"What is it, baby? I can help you." I was now up on my own two feet. Fighting the for the love of my life that was trying to leave me yet again.

"We just got together and you're already–"

"I know, Justin!" She snapped. She slipped on her clothes and wiped her tears. "I'm sorry... but I just can't jump back into things. I know we slept together but that was just a physical need that needed to be taken care of, I'm not emotionally ready for this."

I shook my head as I slipped on my boxers.

A harsh sigh escaped my lips, "Don't get me wrong, Rose... as always a night with you has my breath taken away. You are a one of a kind, Rose Fletcher. If you need time to think, then I'll give you that." I inched closer to her trembling body. "Just tell me and we can work this out... together." I cupped her warm cheeks.

Just like always, her ears were graced a light red.

She looked up to see me examining every inch of her face; god I missed her so much. "Justin I see the way you're looking at me, you don't deserve me...."

"What?" I was completely shocked by this sudden insecurity. "I assure you babygirl no one is better for me than you."

That must have set her off. She pushed me away and I stumbled into the dresser. The picture I kept of Renée's sonogram fell from the top of the dresser and smashed into pieces. Looking down, my heart started to break but I continued to fight for her.

"Rose, what did I do? What ever I did I-I can fix it!" I pleaded as she continued to the door.

She shook her head. "Yes I messed up... but you." She looked in disgust as if she just remembered something. "You're such a scumbag! You disgust me!"

She backed away before turning around but ran into the desk; the box I had fall from the desk onto the floor. She picked it up and opened the box.

A ring.

Please don't...

"You were going to marry her and you slept with me." She shook her head. "The irony..."

She dropped the ring onto the floor before she left the room. I opened my mouth to call after her, maybe even ran after her but I couldn't move.

A tear slid down my face. I was breathless and my heart was beating out of my chest.

She was suppose to be my bride... now I'm just a man without his mistress.

* * *

I know it's short af but there's a reason for that. Sorry for the very slow update 😅