Michael Brenning

Michael Chris' Father^^^^^Above

Chris' POV

Walking into the restaurant I'm already on edge I walked up to the hostess "A reservation for Taylor table for 3." I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"The 2 other guest are already here and I'll will take you to the table." The hostess says ushering me to follow her, she led me to a table where sat my mom and my father.

I sit down and my mom smiles at me apologetically, and then Michael decided to speak "Chris man I barely recognized you. Boy you've grown up! How have you been?" He asked taking a sip of his water. I sighed and leaned back in my chair.

"What is it that you want with me?" I asked getting straight to the point.

"Chris he is still your father." My mom scolded, and I sighed and turned my attention back to Michael, "so you decided to come back why?" I ask again.

"Well son I know I wasn't there for you and that you barley know me, but I really want to be in your life. I know you may be angry with me. But if you give me a chance I promise you won't be disappointed." He says looking at me.

"So question?" I say drinking my water.

"Anything" He says eating a piece of bread.

"Why did you abuse my mother?" I say looking at him and his face went pale.

"Um... Chris that was a long time ago." He says looking at me, I laughed and it wasn't no regular laugh.

"That doesn't answer my question Michael. I wanna know why you decided to put your hands on my mom. I wanna know why my grandmother talks about how she shouldn't trust a word you say. Hun Michael explain it to me because I don't get it." I say semi raising my voice.

"Chris he is your father." My mom says, and I nodded my head.

"Chris I made some stupid decisions in my past that I'm not proud of. I know Ms. Lauren does not like me because of the damage I done to her daughter." He says to me, but he doesn't answer the question.

"Michael why did my mom have a miscarriage when I was 3?" I ask looking in his eyes.

"Um........how do you know that?" He asked pale in the face, like he seen a ghost.

"Why do you keep avoiding my questions. How do you expect for us to move on and become this father and son duo when you cant even answer a simple question." I say laughing while getting up.

"Chris wait." My mom says trying to stop me but I left the restaurant and got in my car and left.

Driving in the rain while mad was not the best idea.

***********************

Ava's POV

I was on my way to bed when I passed Karlie's room and I see her pacing back and fourth, "Karlie?" I say opening her door, she turned and looked at me. "What's wrong? I say walking to her.

"Mom I'm scared Chris was supposed to call me after his dinner but it's almost 3 in the morning and I haven't heard anything!" She says frantically with tears in her eyes, I walked over to her and hugged her. "Come on we are going to call his mom." I say grabbing her hand to follow me down stairs.

I sit her on the couch and grabbed my phone off the coffee table and FaceTime Leah, she answered on the 4th ring.

"Hey" Leah says frantically.

"Leah what's wrong why are you crying?" I ask

"Because Michael and I can't find Chris. Is he there, because he is not at my mom's house." She says panicking which makes Karlie panic.

"Mom where is he I told you, I told you." She says crying and falling to her knees.

"Okay we'll help you look." I say then hung up the phone, and went over to Karlie. "Baby girl please calm down and breathe." I say trying to get her to calm down.

"Mom I can't Chris is missing where could he be." She says crying in my shoulder, Damen, Dj, Kyle, Bella, Ari, and Cara came down stairs. Damen walked over to me "baby what's wrong?" He says

"Mom what's wrong with Karlie?" Dj asked rubbing his eyes.

I looked at them and sighed "Chris is missing." I say still soothing a crying Karlie.

"What!" Everybody says at the same time, I explained everything to them and Ari and Cara called his friends Trent and Sean. Damen was calling in favors to help look for him. "Dj, and Bella go check on brother and sisters for me. Please!" They nodded their head and left back upstairs.

"Trent and Sean haven't heard from him since the Grammy's" Ari and Cara says coming over to Karlie while I checked on Damen's progress. I knocked on his office door and waited when I heard a faint come in.

I opened the door "baby have anybody said anything?" I ask sitting on this lap.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around my waist "He is at a hospital in Los Angeles." He says rubbing the back of his neck, I was shocked "Los Angeles? Why is he there and hospital?  Baby what happened?" I say standing up.

He sighed "he was driving when a drunk driver hit his car, a newly married couple found his car flipped over on the side of the road. Leah's brother Liam stays in Los Angeles and that's where he was going." I gasped "Oh my gosh how am I going to tell my baby. What about Liam does he know did the hospital call Leah?" I say wiping my tears.

"No she is not answering and Liam is on a plane on his way back home, they can't get in touch with him."

"I have to tell Leah and Karlie my baby girl is going to be so heart broken. Baby is Chris okay?"

He comes over to me "Yes Chris is fine, he has a sprained wrist and a few cuts but he will be fine."

I let out a breath "baby you seen Karlie how am I going to tell her that he is in the hospital and was in accident. Its going to break her." I say as tears fall.

Chris' POV

Pain, Pain, and more Pain that's all that I feel, waking up I see all white room looking around I notice I'm at the hospital but what hospital.

I was sitting up when my door opened "Uncle Liam? What are you doing here?" I say as my mom's brother comes in with the doctor who comes to me "Do you remember anything that happened ?" Dr. Chase who's who name I learned says to me as my uncle sits down.

"I was on my way to my uncle house clear my head when a car hit me, my car flipped over and some couple found me." I say looking at the doctor.

"Nephew you were on your way to my house. Why?" My uncle Liam says.

"Michael is back." I say and my uncle's eyes went from green to dark green.

"Okay so I called your mom and she is on her way, I will discharge you Monday morning because a hit like that I check to make sure there is no internal bleeding." The doctor says leaving, I nodded my head.

"Why is Michael back and most importantly why is that fucker conversing with my little sister!" My uncle says mad, I laughed because my uncle hates my father as much as me and my grandmother.

"Same thing I said."

***************************

Karlie's POV

When my mom told me Chris was in an accident I lost and started hyperventilating to where I couldn't breathe my mom had to calm me down. "Baby girl deep breaths, deep breaths." She says rubbing my back. My breathing was becoming normal when "he is in Los Angeles and is completely fine, he a sprained wrist, but other than that he is fine." My mom says to me smiling.

I smiled back "can we go see him?" I ask whipping my tears.

She nodded "yes we can tomorrow at noon we will go okay." She says.

"Okay"

"Now Karlie go get some sleep." My mom says kissing my temple and helping me up.

I laid down and sleep took over.