The Talk

The Taylor's Lake House^^^^^^Above

Karlie's POV

It's been 2 weeks since Chris' accident and he won't talk about it, I know something is wrong and I feel like he has been avoiding me. "Ms. Mason are you still with us?" My history teacher Mr. Kendrick says bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Um...yea I'm still here." I say with a smile, I look over to my right and see Ari, Cara, and Sean looking at me worried. 'Are you okay?' Cara mouthed to me and I nodded.

Class just ended and it's lunch time, I make my way to my locker to put my things away. Chris avoiding me is very hard for me. "Karlie talk to us what's bothering you?" Ari says rubbing my back, I just shook my head and the tears just fall.

Ari and Cara pulled me into a hug saying soothing words in my ear, while I'm crying on there shoulder I hear "Guys come on I'm____" Sean and Trent stops and looks at me.

"Come on babes let's go to lunch you need to eat." Cara says wiping my tears, I shook my head "you guys go ahead I'm fine I'm just gonna go to the bathroom and I'll meet you at our table okay?" I say grabbing my bag and walked towards the bathroom as my friends call my name.

Instead of the bathroom I made my way to the football field and sat in the bleachers, sitting in the stands staring at the football field gives me time to think.

Chris' POV

Walking into the lunch room, as I walked to my table I notice my baby girl is missing "Where is Karlie?" I ask sitting down.

"What the fuck did you do to my cousin?" Cara says to me with a death glare, "baby calm down." Trent says to Cara.

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused.

"Bro we went to meet up with girls and seen Karlie crying and she said she was going to the bathroom, but  that was 5 minutes ago" Sean says to me, I started thinking if Karlie haven't come back yet then where is she.

"Okay if she is not in the bathroom then where is she?" I ask and Trent and Sean shrugged while Ari and Cara just looked at me.

I sighed "look Ari, and Cara I know your pissed at me right now, but I need to know where she is so I can talk to her." I say looking at them, they sighed "check the library." Ari says to me "and if she is not in there then check the stands on the football field." Cara says looking at me.

I got up and headed towards the library, she wasn't in there, so I checked the football field and there she was sitting on the bleachers crying.

I made my way up and sat next to her "baby what's wrong?" I ask her but I get no answer, "Karlie talk to me." I say.

"Oh you see me now that's good, I have to get to class." She says grabbing her things and was about to walk off when I stopped her.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"Chris you have been avoiding me for the past two weeks and I don't know what I did to you for you to avoid me." She says voice cracking "So please do us both a favor and keeping avoiding me." She says tears falling snatching her arm away from me.

'I know I have been a bit vague but avoiding her I could never do that.' I thought as I made my way to class.

Sitting next to Sean in class I ask him "Sean have I been avoiding Karlie?" I asked because he probably knows something.

"Yea in my eyes you have and Trent, Ari, and Cara sees it too. Bro ever since your accident you have been distant from us and most importantly Karlie." He says as soon as the teacher walked in.