Ch. 18

2 week later
(Its august)
6:45am

I woke to Grayson shaking me. We were in Jersey at their house. "Baby I need to talk to you" he said softly and sat next to me. "What's up" I said sitting up and laying my head on his shoulder. "My dad he has cancer. It's stage four" he said and I noticed how sad he was. "Oh babe" I said softly and hugged him tightly. He held onto me like I was going to slip away. "Baby I'm so sorry" I said rubbing his back. I could tell by his breathing he was trying not to cry. "It's ok to cry baby. Everybody cries" I said pulling away slightly to look at him. He nodded and let a few tears slip.

I heard the door creak open after about 5 minutes of me consoling Grayson. I saw Ethan appear in the doorway. "Hey Gray can I sit with you guys. I just need someone" he said and I could see the tears in his eyes. "Ya of course Ethan. Come sit" I said patting the space next to me. He sat down next to me. "I'm so sorry you guys" I said wrapping my arms around them both. "Hey babe could you get me some water" Grayson asked sniffling. "Ya of course I'll be right back" I said standing up.

I walked down the stairs and didn't see anyone in the living room or kitchen. I got Grayson a glass of water and walked back upstairs. I was about to open the door when I heard Grayson talking. "I'm glad I have her. I don't know what I would do without her right now" I could hear the sadness in his voice. I let a few tears slip but quickly wiped them and opened the door. "Here you go babe" I said handing him the water. "Thanks baby" he said and pulled me by the waist onto his lap after setting his glass on the side table. "I'm so sorry Gray" I said wrapping my arms around his neck and running my finger through his hair. I reached my hand over and pulled Ethan close to us.

"I'm gonna leave you guys alone. Thank you guys I really needed it" Ethan said standing up after a couple more minutes. "No problem Ethan. Love you" I said as he left. I moved so I was laying down on the bed and gestured for Grayson to lay down. "Get some sleep babe it's early" I said as he laid down. He moved so my head was right underneath his chin. "I'm scared Isabella. What if my dad doesn't get better? What if he-" Grayson started but I cut him off before he could say it. "Grayson, he's going to be fine you know he's strong. Everything's going to be alright get some rest" I said and felt a few tears slip out of my eyes. "I love you" Grayson said weakly as he held me tight. "I love you too" I said running my finger through the hair on the back of his face head.

3 hours later

I hadn't slept much I was too busy worry about what was going to happen. Grayson slept peacefully next to me. I was glad he was sleeping and not upset. Grayson moved around a bit and reached a hand over to find me. His hand met my waist and he softly pulled me close to him and ran his fingers through my hair.

Grayson suddenly jumped up out of bed and pulled a shirt over his head. "What are you doing Gray" I asked sitting up. "I need to get out. I need to leave for a while" he said pacing. "Ok let me go with you" I said getting up and pulling a sweatshirt over my head. We walked downstairs and Grayson grabbed the keys to his truck. I grabbed the keys out of his hands and walked to the truck and got in the drivers seat. "I want to drive" Grayson said and followed me. "No you're in no shape to drive" I said shutting the door and he walked around and got into the passenger seat. "Where do
you want to go" I asked as I pulled out of the driveway. "I know a place just turn when I tell you to" he said and turned on some music.

After about 30 minutes of driving we arrived at a large forest. "Where are we Gray" I asked as he opened his door and hopped out. I never liked the woods they creeped me out but if Grayson loved this place I would go with him. "Come on let's go" he said gesturing for me to get out. I got out and followed him to a trail. He was walking faster than me causing me gradually to fall behind. "Gray slow down" I said and jogged slightly trying to catch up. He walked slowly until I caught up.

I grabbed his hand not wanting to fall behind again. Soon we arrived at a large lake. "Grayson it's beautiful" I said in awe. "I know this was my favorite place to come when I was upset" he said pulling towards a rock that looked over the lake. "It's so peaceful" I said resting my head and his shoulder and looked out on the water. "I'm scared about what's going to happen to my dad" Grayson said placing his hand on my thigh. "I know babe, but everything's gonna be okay he's gonna he fine. We're all going to be fine" I said. "I just hate that this is happening. I never thought it would happen to us" he said and I looked at his and saw tears falling. "Babe look at me. Your dad is alive. Make the best of the time you have with him and who knows when he might beat this and live until he's 108. No one knows Grayson you just have to go with it" I said rubbing my thumb over the back of his hand. "You're right baby" he said kissing me softly. "I love you" he said softly. "I love you more" I said looking back out at the lake.

After about 45 minutes, we walked back to the truck and got in. We drove home and pulled into the driveway and saw Ethan outside playing basketball. "Hey E" I said hopping out of the car. "Hey guys" he smiled at us but I could tell it was fake. "We're going to watch a movie in my room if you need anything" Grayson said grabbing my hand and taking me inside and up to his room. We laid on the bed and he turned on The Devil Wears Prada (aka my fav movie ever).

We finished the movie and were now three episodes into a Criminal minds marathon. I felt my eyes start to get heavy. I snuggled closer to Grayson and closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up to Grayson sleeping next to me and all the lights off. I rolled over and checked my phone and saw it was 11:45pm. I groaned taking my phone off the charger and started scrolling through Instagram. "Mhm" I heard Grayson groan as he moved around in bed. I turned my phone off and set it back on the table. "Are you awake" Grayson asked me. "Ya" I replied rolling over to face him. "What time is it" he asked lightly putting an arm around my waist. "It's like 12" I said snuggling a little closer to him. "Go back to sleep" he said rubbing my back. "I can't Gray I'm worried and I'm scared" I admitted. "I know baby I am too, but the only way to overcome something like this is to not let it get the best of you and to go on with your life" he said. I nodded my head and Grayson kissed my head reassuringly. "I love you Gray" I said lifting my head and kissing him. "I love you too Isabella" he said as I set my head back down. I drifted off into a deep sleep.

Love y'all hope you enjoyed.