Chapter 9: The Last Place You Look

-Erik's POV-

Systems Resetting... please stand by....
Power Back On.

What happened? I look around my surroundings to see concrete and rocks blocking the path back up. The elevator must've broken.

Damn!

That fall damaged my systems really bad. At least it wasn't my core. If that thing gets damaged, then I practically die. I get up.

"Phil! Smiley! Anyone!" I can't seem to see them, or in fact, hear them. There's only one thing to do. Press on, see if I can find my friends and another way out.

I start to walk. I continue to look around for anything useful. This place looks just as bad as the one above it. Did Riddle School always have this?

"Guys! Yell back if you can hear me," I yelled out to see if I got any response. Still nothing. I continue to walk.

Attention all test subjects. Go back to your cells. The NewBorn are being released.

Huh? Cells? What do they mean by that? And out of nowhere a stampede of people ran pass me and went into the cells right next to me. How did I not see that? Wait a second. Is this a prison!!

The NewBorn are now being released. Good luck, and if you survive, we'll see you all tomorrow. All hail Vizion and the NewBorn.

Crrreaaakkkk!!!!

I hear a gate opening in the distance. Then I hear claws and Snarling. I looked around the corner, and I saw them. These things... this are the NewBorn!?

I saw it and it looked gnarly and ugly. Pieces of its body melting and dripping off. What the hell...? It also had claws and no mouth.  But that was just one. There were much more behind it. Flying ones, Bigger ones, even ones that crawl. No legs but blood still dripping behind. This is disgusting.

I try to sneak off, but I might've step on a trip wire or something because a heard a bell ding.

"..." I stay silent. Then I hear steps. They grew louder and louder. The Newborn is coming closer! I start to run but those things followed behind me. They're really fast. Where ever the guys are, I hope they're alright, because right now, I'm knocking on deaths door.

MEANWHILE

-Smiley's POV-

The My head it stings. I touch my head to see if there was anything wrong. I look at my hand again and there was a bit of blood. The fall did hurt me. I try to stand up but my legs feel weak.

"(Groan)" I hear someone. Phil is that you? I look to see to what it is. And out of no where. It jumped to attack me.

"Ahhh!!!" I scream out. I stopped this thing from attacking me. It looks disgusting. It looks like one of those things Diz showed us on. "Help me!"

I keep resisting until I hear a "clank!" I look at the creature and it passed out.

"Thank you so much!" But I spoke too soon. Because whoever saved me hit me with the same thing it hit the creature. I start to pass out. Why does this keep happening to me.

All my conscious could tell me was that I was being dragged.

Help me.

-Phil's POV-

I've been up for a while. Apparently, me and the group got separated when the elevator dropped. I continue to look around. I hope Smiley is alright.

SLAM!!!

I fell backwards. I crashed into Erik.

"Oh hey man, where were you?" I ask him.

"Now is not the time!" He picked me up. "Just Run!"

"Why?" I just started to run. I looked behind me and, HOLY MACARONI AND CHEESE! That's a mutant. I start to run really fast. All I hear is the snarls coming from this creature. "What the hell is that!?"

"That my friend, it's a Newborn," I just keep running.

"Jeebus, this things are gross!"

"Yeah I know" we continue to run and we saw a gate starting to close.

"Run!!!!" We continued to run and we made it passed the gate.

RIIIPPPPP!!!!

What was that. Hope it wasn't my hoodie. I look at Erik.

"Ahh!!! It hurts!" He just screams and covers his face.

"What does?" He takes his hand off to reveal his face was pealed off. There was lots of circuits though. Nothing bloody.

"How bad is it on a scale of one to ten?" He looks worried.

"About 2 point...Face ripped off..." At this point I'm just making things worse.

"Oh jeez!!!" He passes out. God damn it. Whatever we got chased by. There wasn't just that. There are more. I need to find a way to wake Erik up and continue to find the rest of the gang.

I decided to make this short because I don't have much right now. I still hope you enjoyed.

Goodbye!!!!

Chapter 10:
More than it Seems