Chapter 14: The Searchers (Part 1)

-Alice's POV-

-Meanwhile-

We've been walking for ever now, my feet are starting to hurt. (Sigh). I know nows not the time or place, but... I wonder if Zack likes me back. I know we just met, but It's something about of him that makes me, well... like him.

"How long have we been walking?" I ask.

"For approximately 20 minutes,"

"20!?" How!? This tunnel just keeps going on forever.

"Hey guys... I see a light," Phred stares into the distance.

"Are you sure it's not my flames?" Zack asks.

"No, it's not, lets just continue to press on," Phred just continues to walk. As we get closer, the light grows brighter and brighter. That is until we reach the end.

"What!? It just leads to another cell!" Phred exclaims.

"Ugh... what's that smell," I loom around to see blood on the floor and on the walls. "Oh that's disgusting..."

"This must've been their last victims..." Zack points out.

"Rest in peace," This things must've been hungry, because they left nothing behind. No trace of nothing.

"Come on, this way!" I hear someone in the distance.

"Oh no, it could be another one of those guards," My palms were already getting sweaty but to my surprise, that wasn't the case.

"Alice!"

"Smiley! I am so glad to see you," She's there, but... whose the other girl. "So... whose your friend"

"Oh... her, that's Kate, she helped escaped,"

"How did you escape, most importantly, where were you,"

"I'll explain later, right now we don't have time,(sniff sniff) ugh, what's that smell,"

"That is, um... the NewBorn's last meal," Phred says our of nowhere,

"Oh god..." Exclaims Kate.

"I should probably pull the lever," Smiley says with an awkward smile.

"Yeah maybe you should..." I respond.

As the gate opens up, me and the rest of the group just start to run like there is no tomorrow.

"Do you know where we're going," I ask while already losing my breath and panting.

"I don't, but she does," Smiley points at Kate.

"There is an exit near by, we just have to keep running," She says.

"And why is that" Phred replies.

"Wanna be the next meal or not," Phred just stays silent and keeps running.

"Is that..." I see two people talking to each other.

"(Gasp)! PHIL!!!" Smiley exclaims. I take a closer look, it's not just Phil, who happens to be on the other side of the laser bar-ed cage, but Erik trying to help him out.

"Smiley! Don't touch the bars," They gaze inti each others eyes as if it has been many years away from each other, despite they didn't see each other for over an hour and a half.

"What happened!?" Zack exclaimed.

"That son of a gun Unity locked me up here," Everyone, including me, except Smiley and Zack Gasped.

"Hey, don't act so surprised," Zack tells us. So he was right.

"Look I'll explain later, we just have to get out of here,"