Chapter 17: Into the Depths

-Zack's POV-

"Do you even know where we are going?" I ask. I am so lucky I have my flame. If not, we wouldn't be able to see where we are going to begin with.

"I have a map within my systems. The path we are taking is leading us to the nearest exit," Erik responds. I turn around to Phred just murmuring under his breath.

"Hey, Phred, you okay back there?' I ask him just to make sure.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine," He quickly glances at me and then looks back at the ground. We just continue to walk. That is, until I notice something.

"Hey guys, look at the wall," I point at it It seems to look like an eagle. A green spray painted eagle.

"What is this?" Phred finally just stops looking off the ground and stares at the wall.

"It seems to be an eagle," I respond.

"Not just any type of eagle," He summons another hologram screen, showing the same eagle but with data around it. "It represents the NewBorn,"

"Oh... makes sense," Phred observes the screen.

"Wait a second, Erik, where did you say we were?" I ask.

"Oh, the Sanctuary,"

"Oh no...." I say.

"What, what's wrong?" Phred replies.

"A Sanctuary is not just a place of safety, but it can also represent a place of religion," I both of them. "Erik look up what else that eagle represents,"

He starts searching and searching until his eyes widened. "It, um... The Elder Ones," He says. He stands still.

"What?"

"We gotta get out of here..." Erik snapped and just started running, I just followed.

"Why, what's the matter?" I questioned.

"NOW!"

"Yeah! What is the matter!?" Phred also yell out.

"The Elder Ones are not to be messed with, you get caught and they will sacrifice you for the NewBorn," Erik looks freaked out all of a sudden.

"So what? They are some sort of cult," I say.

"Precisely," Erik responds.

"What happens if they find us..." Phred asks.

"You wouldn't want to know," Erik responds.

"How are we supposed to be afraid if we don't know what we're in for." Erik just keeps running, then suddenly, he speaks.

"They'll do terrible things to you, torture you, maybe even go as far as to kill you," Erik says in a blank tone.

"Wait, but how do you know they're after us?" Phred questions.

"They have eyes everywhere, which means they probably know where's we are," He responds as he starts to slow down.

"Why are we stopping?" I ask. Erik seemed oddly silent. It was unnerving. "Are you okay"

The hallway filled with silence. "Crap" Is all I hear Erik say before we all fall into the the trap door, followed by our terrified screams.

-Kate's POV-

We continue to walk before Alice and I started to notice cryptic writing.

Zkdw klghv xqghujurxqg
Lv mxvw dq xjob iurzq
Qr qhhg wr eh dyiudlg
Zh duhq'w jrqqd idgh
Zh duh wkh srzhuixo
Zh duh wkh vwurqj,
Zh duh wh hoghu rqhv

"Wait a sec..." Alice said in suspicion.

"What?" I ask.

She started to point at the marks like if she were reading it. "This seems like the text I learned in that honor class of mine,"

"What? Impossible, this seems to be something that an Alien would write down," I say in disbelief.

"No but it's true, I actually think I could translate this," She replied with hope in her eyes.

"Alright, do it," I just roll my eyes until she starts speaking and translating.

"What hides underground
Is just an ugly frown
No need to be afraid
We aren't gonna fade
We are the powerful
We are the strong,
We are te elder ones"

"A poem? Are you kidding me!?" I yell out.

Alice quickly glanced at me and back at the wall, "What do you think it means?" She asks.

"I don't know, you tell me," I say. And then, for a second I felt like I was flying, but then I realized. It was too late. I felt the floor underneath us disappeared.

This is the part where you scream

Was the last thing I heard before I fell into darkness. Hello old friend.

-Smiley's POV-

"You feeling less cold?" Phil asks me. I do feel less cold, but what about him. He doesn't look to be freezing, but who knows.

"Yeah, but what about you?" Phil just couldn't help but leave out a giggle.

"Yes, Smiley I already told you, I'm gonna be alright, trust me," He gives me eyes of trust. I look into his eyes. I shook my head, implying that I trust him. "Good, we better get going, find the rest before-"

"Hello there egghead," I look behind us, and I just see Diz there Crossing his arms. "Well well well, who do we have here,"

"Yeah, him. God dammit," I was startled to find out he didn't come alone. It was Miz and Ziz.

"Hello kiddos," Ziz smirks. I was expecting Miz to say something, but she just looked at the ground.

"Hey, Miz. MIZ!" Diz snaps Miz out of it.

"Oh! What is it sir?" She looks at Diz.

"Capture this Kids, we're gonna do something we should've done a long time ago," He says as Miz grabs us.

"Im sorry"

Finally I could publish this chapter! After all the crap I had to do I can finally publish this. It isn't much but I hope you enjoyed.

Fun Fact: The Secret Language I used was the Caesar Cipher. If you got that.

Goodbye!!!

Chapter  18:
The Cult