Chapter 21: Dark, Darker, Yet Darker

-Phil's POV-

I start to open my eyes after some time asleep, everyone else started to get up before me. Heh, looks like I live another day, Erik's sweater protected me from dying of hyperthermia.

"Hey Smiley, you up?" I shake smiley, who still has my sweater on.

"Huh? Oh, hey Phil... How long were we asleep down here..." Smiley slowly wakes up, and at the same time, she starts to get up.

"I think we've been here a whole night, maybe even longer," I respond back to Smiley. I finally get onto my feet. "How'd everyone sleep?"

"*Yawn* I've had better naps," Phred replies, stretching.

"According to the length we've been sleeping, we've been here for, the whole night, so we weren't napping, we we're sleeping," Erik says.

"Well I take real long naps so there's that!" Phred replies, and Phred does have a point, he tends to "nap" really long, at one instance he slept through a whole week, and woke up in perfect shape.

(I don't get the physics of that)

The hell who said that.

(Oop! Um... this is all your imagination)

I think I'm going crazy...

-Kate's POV-

So this is the group I'm working with? Doesn't seem bad. I just hope Jay is fine, what ever they did to him, I just hope is alive and well.

"Well... we should push onward, this whole place is a maze, trust me..." I tell them.

"Could be a while till we get back to surface... hey Erik, do you have a map layout of this place?" The one with the fire hair says, I'm still pretty new to the crew so it could be a challenge memorizing the names. I think he's called Zane, or Zack?

"Already ahead of you..." Erik, I presume, starts to project a holographic map of this whole place. "According to the units, we're in sector D-5, in order to escape, we need to make it to sector A-1."

"Hmm... reminds me of battleship for some reason..." The sleepy looking one implies. Phred, or Freddy I think his name was. Either way we all stare at him. "What, I thought I'd point that out..."

"Whatever, lets just go, the longer we prance around the longer we'll take to get out of here." I remind them, they nod, and off we go.

-Smiley's POV-

I don't know if it's just me, but Phred looks awfully calm, despite everything that's happen to him lately. Poor Phred, maybe he's trying to hide the fact all of this happened, who knows.

"Hey Phil, do you want you're sweater back?" I ask him, I know that he loves this sweater, he wears everyday.

"What? Smiley no... I'm fine, keep it on," He replies to me.

"No, I insist, maybe we can just switch, so you can have your sweater back," He looks at my eyes, he sighs and he starts to remove the sweater, and I do the same, and soon Phil has his sweater back.

I hold his hand as we walk into the darkness.

"Is it just me or is it getting darker," Alice points out.

"Yeah, not even my flame is lighting up the hallway," I start to notice that his flame is still there but its not making light. Dang, what are we gonna do?

"Hm... maybe I can give it a shot," Erik tries to light up the room. It fails.

"What the hell is going on?" Kate asks.

"I don't know, but seems the hallway is blocking out any light, preventing us from seeing anything," Erik analyzes.

"Ok, this place is just throwing random things at us that it's becoming cliche," Phred points out.

"Alright, guys I have an obscure plan, but maybe we can touch the walls to see if there's a light switch we can flick or a door we can open," Phil plans out.

"Really, that's your plan!? That's gonna take an inordinate amount of time to find something like that, how in the world do you think that's gonna wor-" Zack starts to rant, until he gets caught off.

"I found a door," Phred says as he's touching a wall, I cant see him but I'm assuming he's at a wall. Also while I have the chance, I got near to Zack and whispered in his ear, I think...

"Do you even know what inordinate means?" I ask, and it looks like it was his ears.

"No, but I did see the word being used in this book I read once, I thought it would make me sound smart..." he whispers back.

"Ohhh... gotcha,"

"Ok, Phred open the door," I hear Phil tell him. I hear the door knob start to open, and just like that, we could see light again.

"What the~" Phred says. I peek over his shoulder so see what he was looking at, I couldn't believe it.

"What, but how?" I hear Zack say.

"I can't believe it..." Erik responds.

"Phred..." I proceed to tell him, "It's your parents..."

And Cliffhanger! Sorry, but I have a real tight schedule this week. Testing, Talent show, and I'm going to an AMC Move Theater with my friends to watch "AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR". ALSO! I'm just gonna tell you, no, Im not participating in the talent show, it's my brother who is... oh boy.

Quick there he is! Get him!

OH S***T! Gotta go y'all, hope to see you soon. And

Goodbye!!!

GET BACK HERE!

EEK!

Chapter 22:
The Real Victims