Chapter 14

Chapter 14 allys pov:

Today is my nans funeral, when my mum found out nan was dying, she organised everything so it was how nan wanted it. I thought that was nice how today is going to be just how my nana wanted it to be, and she can be burried in love and happiness of our memories, not sadness or sorrow.

''Alexis! Hurry up! The car is here to take us to the church!!'' My mum shouted from down the stairs. Okay okay dont get your knickers in a twist!

I grab my little shoulder bag with my phone and stuff in it, before running down the stairs and joining my mum in the car.

---------

Okay so im wearing a floral dress that comes to my knee, and the top half of it is like a peplum. Nan wanted everyone to wear bright, happy colours because she didnt want a sad funeral. Like i said before she wanted us to celebrate our happy memories together, and not dwell on her death.

''We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of Anne Marie White. A mother, grandmother, and dear friend to all. She will be remembered for her vibrant smile and the happiness she bought to a room.'' The person begins the ceremony, but its just a bit boring. Sorry nan, i just want to remember you for myself and not by some person reading off of a peice of paper.

----------------------------------------------------

''Okay al, are you sure you have packed everything?'' My mum asked for the hundreth time while i was walking to the taxi to take me to the airport.

''Yes mum im sure'' i sigh and go to give her a hug.

''Im going to miss you ally, but remember to stay safe, no drugs, no talking to strangers, stay away from older men, dont get too close to any boys, and no sex!'' She says to me. REALLY?! Am i having this conversation now?!

''MUUM!! Please! I reeaally dont want this conversation right now!'' I say, emphasising 'really'

''Okay but just have fun my baby! I love you, now go before you miss your flight'' she kisses me one more time, before i get in the car and wave as i drive off.

Finally! I cant wait to get home- well i mean my home in Melbourne- i have missed my friends so much! I hope luke hasnt met any girls while i was away! OH NO! What if he has?! Noo nooo!!- oh shut up ally, you have been gone 3 days! He cant have met someone that quickly!

I mentally argue with myself for the journey until we pull up at the airport.

''Thank you, keep the change'' i hand over the money and grab my stuff before going into the airport for my flight.

*8 hours later*

Yay! For once there is no annoying kid kicking my chair! I have managed to sleep for most of my flight already, and i plan on sleeping for the rest.

''Would you like anything from the cart?'' The plane lady asks me.

''Um could i have some oreo's please?'' I say, pointing to a pack.

''Of course, here you go, that will be £3'' she hands me over the oreo's and i give her the money.

Omg! Why is food on flights so expensive?! But atleast i got my oreo's!! :)

------------

I wake up to the shuffling of feet and seatbelts being clicked open. I open my eyes and see the plane has landed, so i grab my bag and make my way off the plane and to the baggage area.

I pick up my suitcase and go outside to my taxi driver who again was holding up an 'Alexis White' clipboard. Im famous!!

*outside my house*

The driver pulls up outside my house and i give him his money, grab my stuff and go to knock on the door.

I knock again and i hear whispers and shuffling of feet before the door is opened to reveal ....