Chapter 8

We just arrived in a restaurant and I can feel that Intrepid is still shocked from what she had heard and seen.

I can't think of any good way to comfort her. I'm just not into that thing.

I called the waiter to make an order and I can see Hendric acting like a kid, whining. Errrr. Pathetic.

 “Will that still take longer? I’m already hungry!” Hendric starts to complain.

 “The food doesn’t just pop on our table. We have to wait of course, I only ordered it just now.” I said.

Hendric starts to wear that sad face just like a kid who had his lollipop swallowed by an old lady.

I began to notice that Intrepid has been thinking something for like 15 minutes. What could that be?

INTREPID'S POV

I’m so tired of this. I’m tired of my life!

I don’t know why the memories kept flooding my head with sadness. I feel sad whenever I remember it. I’m getting tired of it.

I don’t know how many more tears I’ll be wasting to cheer myself up for a bit.

What’s lonelier? Is that I can feel that Valiant is having a slightly hard time on the case.

I don’t want the investigation to be a failure. I want to know the truth. I admit that I’m too weak to accept the truth that he’s already gone.... that he’s not coming back. But this is the best thing I can do for him.... to give his right to have his soul a peaceful departure.

I know that he's been into rough things. I’m just scared that someday.... that killer would just make another's life miserable. I don't want that thing to happen. Specially that what I’m feeling right now is such a pain. That feeling that you already miss him, but you just can’t do anything to make things right.... ‘cause all you can do is to seek for things to make you feel better.... and it would never get things back as it used to be.

HENDRIC'S POV

Oh look I have a POV!

What should I say? Hmmm... I’m starving. I’m starving. I’m starving. I’m starving. I’m starving. I’m starving. I’m starving. I’m starving. I’m starving. I’m starving. I’m starving. I’m starving. I’m starving.

I don’t know what’s making the two quiet. I mean, what's bothering them?

Well... they do have things to be bothered about. 

Hmmmm... mentioning that.... I was thinking.... 

What should I be bothered about now?

Ohhh. I know. This hunger is bothering me! 

 “Hey? Where’s our order?!” I complained.

I can feel the sorcery of my stomach casting spells on those wicked waiters and chefs. And my stomach does not like this feeling too. Look at those ugly waiters... laughing....

“Hallooooo! It’s not funny to have an empty stomach right hereeeee!” I told them as I was waving my hand.

I turned my back from them... and I saw these soldiers..... yes... soldiers of food.... I saw Valiant and Intrepid.... still quiet... UGHHHH! Aren’t they bothered from their hunger? Are they even numb? They’re like soldiers who are able to withstand hunger.... then what am I? Ehhh. I can’t think right! I’m starving!

 “Here’s your order, Sir.” the waiter said.

“I waited for like an hour and this is all you’re giving me? vegetables and water?! Why don’t you put yourself on the grill, and toast yourself like a Barbie!” I’m not liking the service here.

"Sir, you only waited for twenty minutes." the waiter said.

"Are you telling me that I don't know how to count time?!" I'm getting pissed.

"No, I'm just mentioning your stupidity." the waiter said.

"Do you know that I can cast bad spells on you? Just like what Gwen does in Ben 10?! Do you want that?!" I stared at him trying to make him scare.

 “Haha sorry, sir. The other foods are still being cooked.” he explained while putting our order on the table.

 “Do I look like I’m joking? Errrrr.” I said and bammmm, facepalm!

Ughhhhh. I’m starving. I’ll start eating this food while I’m waiting for the others. This may do.

"Itadakimasuuuu!" I said while holding my spoon and fork.

"Huh?" the two said in chorus.

"Don't tell me that you've been liking anime now?" Intrepid said while smiling and she started eating her food.

"Eh? Haha. Not really." I replied.

"Gay." Valiant harshly said.

"No, I’m not! It's Hentai dude. Hentai!" I explained.

"Still gay." he said while eating his food.

VALIANT'S POV

I’m still bothered about my potentials.

I know that people have been calling me the 'Private Eye' but that doesn't just make any sense.

What if my potentials are not that good? How will I know if my knowledge and potentials are already enough? How should I know if I could solve this case? It just doesn't make any sense.

Maybe this is a great opportunity to challenge my potentials more.

Why am I judging my potentials? Errrrr.

I shouldn't be bothered. Besides, I am the Private eye.