Chapter 9

"Hey, what's bothering you bro?" Hendric asked me.

"Ahhh. Nothing. I'm just not in the mood to eat" I answered.

 “Go eat your foods fast, we still have investigations to deal with.” I told them.

 “Bro, I still haven’t all of my foods eaten.” Hendric complained.

 “Did I say that you’ll be going to?” I said.

 “Well... you said ‘we’.” he answered.

Psh. I put the payment on the table and I went out.

 “Hey Valiant! Where are you going?” Intrepid ran after me.

"Im gonna look for answers in this case..." I answered while running towards my car.

I noticed that she’s following me.

"...alone! I'm gonna do this alone!" I added.

I rushed to my car and started it.

She paused while looking at me.... I just don’t want to bring an emotional girl with me.

I went to the hotel and I directed to the room of the said victim.

Something's really odd.

I saw the janitor again from the room 4408.

"Cleaning again?" I asked.

"Yeah. You know. It's my job." he smiled.

I entered the room, and as expected, it’s clean.

I searched for clues. I repeatedly looked at the cabinets... closets.... in and on everything... but I couldnt find anything than ripped strips of paper and white yarn gathered together.

I returned to my house and I played the CD that the ladies gave me from that hotel.

I grabbed my earphone and I listened into it very well.

Wait. There's something odd going on in the audio.

Why is there no more audio when it turned black screen?  How could that be? There were still audio in that when we listened into it lately!

I brought the CD with me, I went to my car.... and I drove to the Audio Center.

I told them what happened. And I asked them if it's even possible.

"Well Private eye, that could be possible, specially if the CD is rubbed into sharp objects or something unnecessary. It’s not impossible.” the guy from the Audio Center said.

"Well, the lady just gave me this recently. That could not be. We just lately heard something from it even with a black screen.” I answered.

"There's no impossible, Sir. Maybe when you had it, you accidentally rubbed it into something or liquid substance might have triggered that to cause."

"That can’t be. I just had it right in my bag."

"Do you have a case for it?"

"Yup it has. The lady gave it to me too."

 “If you want, we can play the CD in the desktop.”

"Sure." I replied while handing him the CD.

He began to play it. And after the black screen, there were no longer audio.

 “You’re right, there’s no more audio.” he said.

"Told you already."

 “Aren’t you mistaken? I mean, most videos really wouldn’t produce an audio if the screen turned black. Because most probably, the audio is affected with it too.”

 “But I just lately listened from it.”

"It may just be a cause of your hallucinations or stress."

 “No. There were two of us hearing it.”

"Well if that's the case... I can’t possibly say anything more. Because if it’s just rubbed on something, the audio would only be unclear, but instead of that, the audio is completely gone."

"Now what?”

"That could only happen if someone edited it.... or with an... uhmmm... I don’t know... something that could invade the properties perhaps..."

"Huh?! No one ever touched that CD besides me. How could that even happen? Maybe there are some reasons for that."

"I don’t know. That's the most possible case that could’ve happened." he replied and returned the CD to me.

I'm on doubts. How could that possibly happen? I have to think another way around!