Chapter 24

Hendric shrugged his shoulders.

"Hendirc, tell me!" I shouted.

"They will track us if I tell it... even if I write it or make gestures of it. They are in control of me." He said.

"What are they?!" I asked 

"They're scientists, illegal scientists who pursue evil motives. I used to be a part of them. I'm not really a GMRC teacher, I'm an illegal scientist." he replied.

"Was that your reason why you are staying with me?" I said.

"It's not that, Valiant. I'm not planning to destroy you, it was just them. I quitted since they brought that plan!"

"Why do they want to destroy me?" sweat started to drip on me.

"Because you are too good, Valiant. They know how good you are... and that anytime you could send them right in jail. That's why they manufacture chips and devices... perfecting the equipments for preparation." he said while tears start to fall from his eyes.

"Preparation for what?" 

"For this." he said.

"What's the code?" I asked.

"I can't, they'll track us. I don't want you to die! I know how good they are now!"

"For Pete's Sake! I'm an investigator, Hendric! You should not feel pity for me. Be pity on the case! Not on me!" 

He sighed. "Okay, release me, I'll type it."

I released him, he started typing it.

BOOGSH. 

"Oh hello there, ex-scientist and private eye." A man in suit said as he was scratching the wall with an AK-47 gun.

"He's Prof. Bungsten. He's the leader." Hendric whispered to me.

"Are you finished with the code?" I said to Hendric.

"No, there's 4 more digits. I already set it up to send automatically to the Investigation department. So as soon as it's finished, even if they delete it, we have backup." he says.

"I see that you are cancelling the process, my ex-scientist." Bungsten smirks as he was staring at us.

"You are an evil bastard." I said.

"You know, Private eye, my AK-47 is really excited to blow his bullets on you." He said while polishing his gun.

"And I bet the death penalty is awaiting for you now." I smirked.

"But I'd be giving first your death penalty!" Bungsten said and he took his gun, put his target unto us and started shooting.

Hendric and I rolled and started running.

"Fck. Good thing that we still got the laptop." Hendric said as he was breathing heavily.

"Do you got any items with you?" I asked.

"Only a sleeping injection." he said.

"Okay, that will do." 

Bungsten ran out of bullets and was reloading it now. This is a good chance. 

I pulled his feet and twisted it. He grabbed his gun and pushed it unto my hands. I fell down. He started to bang the gun unto my chest. I can't find anything to grab. I had a chance to grab a nail, so I stabbed it on his neck, pushing it further. He yelled and slightly gone weak. He grabbed for a bullet and started reloading his gun while his hand shivers with blood. I pulled his gun and kicked his hands several times. He grabbed a knife. Hendric ran. He pulled Bungsten's hand, and as he did, Hendric was the one who got stabbed.... on the forehead.

"1047" Hendric whispered to me as he fell down. 

I raged. I looked at Bungsten. I pulled his head and bumped it to the wall several times. I can feel Hendric still breathing... desperately.

"Hold-on bro, I'm killing this guy for you." I said to Hendric.

"I'm afraid you can't waste all of your time to kill me." Bungsten was badly bleeding but managed to laugh.

"Fuck you, I can!" I shouted while holding the knife near on his neck.

"10...9...8...7...." Bungsten says.

"Sht, the code." I ran to the laptop and started typing the last 4 digits.