Chapter 13

I went home.

I noticed that Hendric is too busy with the case. He even became surprised that I’m already here.

“Oh, it’s dark already.” he said as he was looking at the window.

“Tell me, how long have you’ve been working there?” I asked.

“Since morning. Ugh. I didn’t even notice that it’s getting darker. I only had breakfast...”

“Have you eaten your lunch and dinner?” I asked him.

“Nope. I didn’t know that time’s been so fast now.” he said while holding unto his shoulder.

“Anyway, how’s your day with Intrepid?” he asked.

"It didn’t turn out that good. She likes to go shopping and then I lost my patience while ago. We had a little argument but we were able to fix it immediately. So as to make it up to her, I invited her to go shopping tomorrow afternoon." I answered.

"Aaaaah. That's just girls. They really like shopping. They like seeing cute and pretty stuffs." Hendric explained.

"So, how's the case doing?" I asked Hendric and went near to him.

He closed the laptop when I immediately got near to him.

"You're not the only investigator here dude. I can also be." he told me as he shoos me with his hand.

"You know what. I don't understand you. I don't know why you are doing these things. I mean, making me stop from investigations in a middle of the case. That's just crazy." I said.

"I just want to give you a reward, and I also want to test myself in these investigation things." p

"Well, I don't need any reward. I think it's more fun if I'll be doing that case."

I stared at him and he just took a glance at me... and he continued what he was doing.

"You know... being an investigator is not a safe thing to deal with. That could turn your life in danger." I added.

"Ehh, not buying that. They're the ones who should feel in danger." he said.

"I like your spirit." I smiled a bit while I was eating my dinner.

INTREPID'S POV

I'm already here in my house.... I've been lately imagining his hug while ago...

The warmth... Ahhhhhhh!

C'mon Intrepid. Don't tell me that you've becoming nuts on things!