Rocks and Keys

A/N: The picture above is what Evelyn's house looks like.

~Friday, February 9: After School~

Evelyn's P.O.V.

When I got home after school, I went to my bed, and I lied down to listen to the silence of my house because my mom is at work and no one is home at the moment. So I laid down and relaxed until I hear something at my window. It sounds as if someone is throwing something at my window. So I go and see. When I get to my window, I move the curtains aside, slide the window up, and then a rock comes flying to me, it hits me, and I fall to the floor.

"Ow," I said rubbing my forehead.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry I didn't think you were going to open the window!" The voice yelled. I recognized it. Then things started getting blurry.

"Hello?" Said the voice and then my vision started fading away.

"Did I kill you? Hello?" I barely heard the voice because my ears were shutting off. Everything was going black and the last thing I felt was a pair of arms lifting me off the floor.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I woke up on my couch with a bag of frozen peas on my head. I looked around and saw Jack sleeping at the end of the couch. 'What is he doing here?' I thought to myself. 'And what happened? Why does my head hurt?'  Then I remember that I got hit in the head with a rock. I got up carefully so I won't wake him up, went to my room, and got my phone from my small table beside my bed. I checked what time it was while I was walking towards my door.

My screen showed 5:27 pm. 

"Hello Sleeping Beauty" I jumped, screamed, and dropped my phone on the floor.

"What's wrong with you? First, I get hit on my forehead, then you suddenly just appear at my house out of nowhere, and now you come up here and scare me almost half to death. What are you going to do next?" I asked him.

He looked at me with a smirk.

"Wait how do you even know where I live?"

"Ok look, I don't want to freak you or sound like a freak but I followed you here." He said.

"Ok, and how did you get in my house?" I asked him.

"You do know that the first place a person is going to look for a key is under your mat, right? You really need to find a better place to hide it." He said laughing and took a seat at the end of my bed.

"Ok, I guess I do need to find a better place for it," I said as I grabbed my phone off the floor and took a seat next to Jack on my bed.

"I'm sorry." He said and I looked at him.

"For what?"

"For hitting you with the rock," he said and I looked at the rock, about the size of a quarter, near my window.

"That's fine, things happen," I said. "Just out of curiosity, what exactly are you doing here?"

"Well, I forgot to mention that my mom and my step-dad are doing to an intervention over in Sacramento and I'm not really great with my stepbrother, so I thought... "

"So you thought you could sleep over at my house? Wow, you really are full of surprises," I said laughing.

"Yeah. So is that fine?"

"Yeah, it's fine. I mean I could really use the company since my parents are always working and you can use the guest room, it's right across from mine." I said pointing to the room.

"Ok, thanks!" he said and left to his room.