(28) Amen

Yo. It's Shaniqua Black here. Hitting you up with another update. Byee!

~Gracey

*  *  *  *  *  *

"I finally get to lay my eyes on you again" she laughed engulfing me in a hug.

"I missed you!" I squeal.

She let go and look at my face over and over again, "I just randomly got a phone call from one of my cousins. She told me that there was a place I could stay as in a roommate. I couldn't even believe it when she said your name. It was like a rush!"

"This is my humble home!" I smile looking around, "you can touch it up however you want to. It's your house now too, oh and I'm gonna try to find another person to fill in the other empty bedroom. I got a few people already but I'm not interested in them"

Jade looked at me with a bright white smile, god did I miss her. I don't know why I ever stopped talking to her.

"I'll help you find one! It shouldn't be that hard, if I think hard enough I could come up with someone on the top of my head" she giggled.

Her short brown hair is curled away from her face, and she has a cute headband in making her look even prettier than what I remember. Her silver colored eyes just make me wrinkle my nose in jealousy.

"Okay, well I'll let you get all settled in. You can pick whatever room you want. You have a choice out of three different rooms. Mines the only one on the right side, the others you can pick from" I explain pointing up the steps.

She sends me a wink telling me she understands. With that she walks away, "I'll yell for you if I need you!" She shouts from the steps.

"Okay!" I laugh back. God, I freaking love her.

I slowly moved around the couch and I picked up my phone off the coffee table and scrolled through my phone.

I need to call Aaron and tell him we need to talk. I'm starting over, right now.

I pulled up his name and pressed the call button.

"Oh my god! You finally, finally called me" he sighed softly.

"We need to talk. Come over around 7"

Before he could say anything else I hung up. I can't believe I'm doing this right now.

*  *  *  *  *  *

When seven o'clock rolled around. I began to get nervous. I explained my situation to Jade and she gave me some good advise.

I just need to get this off of my chest before it causes me way more stress than what it's intended to.

Here I sit in the living room waiting patiently for him to finally roll up to the house.

Jade is sitting in the dinning room making it her home as well.

When I heard his truck pull up to the house I stiffened.

"What am I doing?" I asked myself out loud.

Jade looks front the dinning room from the kitchen and smiles, "you got this girl"

I got this.

You got this.

A knock on the door make me snap out of my thoughts.

I slowly walk over and rest my hand on the door knob.

Here goes nothing.

When I opened the door Aaron stood before me with his blonde hair and dark brown eyes. Honestly you could tell he's been running his fingers through his hair every so often in frustration.

"Hey" I smiled letting him in.

He notices a box or two and frowns, "you're leaving?"

I shake my head and look down laughing, "no, I'm not going anywhere. One of my old friends Jade moved in"

Aaron looks around the living room and let's out a loud but painful sigh, "you wanted to talk?"

"About how you cheated on me and think you can get away with it? Yeah I do." I snap.

Its not like I meant to. It just kind of came out like that.

"I deserved that" he frowned.

My face fell in misery, "I'm sorry"

After minutes of me making him feel bad I figured I needed to finally come out with what I had to say.

"I wanted you to come here because I just needed to tell you this and get it off my chest. I can't lose you. You mean way to much to me, and even though you screwed me over. I can't let you go without a fight. Aaron, you have made my life happy and joyful this past month. Despite our differences, we were made for each other. I want to start over. Completely over, with you as just my roommate. I don't want to be your girlfriend, I just want to be your best friend. For now. Until I can finally get to the point I can't trust you. Okay?"

Aaron brown eyed got watery like he was going to cry, but he stopped himself, "I can deal with that. I promise, I can totally deal with that. Best friends it is. My stuff is already here, so it's perfect. Thank you Miracle. Thank you so much"

I told myself I wasn't gonna let my emotions get the best of me. But I did, and the tears of joy flowed out of me like Niagara Falls.

"I also need to tell you something else. I have a very specific reason to why my name is Miracle and not someone else like Hope or whatever. When Rye went into labor everything was pretty much going right as planned. She was doing great and I could come out any hour. When it was finally time for her to push, my heart completely stopped. I was considered a still born. Because, when she pushes me out, nothing of mine was working."

I sat down on the couch and Aaron followed after, "My dad told me that it was the most horrible time in his life. He said when they handed me to my mom, and our skin touched. Let me remind you, I wasn't breathing for atleast 5 minutes. My heart started beating and I filled the room with my new born cry's. Everyone clapped, every single person that heard that cry clapped. The word spread and practically the whole hospital came to visit me. They just kept calling me the Miracle baby. So here I am today. That is how I got my very odd name"

"You tend to surprise me everyday" he whispers scooting closer to me and wrapping his arms around my petite body.

*  *  *  *  *  *

"Dinner is ready!" Jade yelled from the kitchen.

Aaron moved officially everything of his in, and we are setting up the X-box so that we can have a little game night. So that Jade and Aaron can get to know each other.

I just got off the phone with Kinsey and she said she doesn't mind where she is at. She is with Brinica and the foster parents love them dearly.

I also got a call from Ayden and his little giggles made my day. That is when I finally knew I was okay with this.

Aaron got pulled into the police station and got questioned about the murder of the guy who tried to rape Kinsey. He has a trial in 2 weeks about it. For now, he is off the hook.

Aaron helped me up off the floor and we made our way to the dinning room.  where we would sit down and actually have a family meal. Thanks to Jade.

She ran to the store and bough us a butt load of groceries. I cried when she walked into the house with her hands full of bags and more in the car. It was a final happy moment.

"Let's just say a prayer" Jade grabs my hand along with Aaron's.

"Thank you lord for this great meal we have in front of us today. Thank you for watching over the Price kids and making them feel like they now can act like actual kids. We also thank you for getting Rye into a rehab center, because that is what was needed the most. Last but not least, thank you for finally bringing me and Mirror back together, along with bringing Aaron back to my best friend. Amen"

Yes, she did call me Mirror and always have. Yes, I did say Amen along with her. Yes, I finally smiled like a normal human being.