Future

More reasons why someone should date me? I'm good with kids, again I can cook, did I mention good with kids? They love me. 

Your POV:

"I love days off." I said.

"They are the best." Abby responded. 

"So prepare me for my life in Boston. What can I expect?"

"Craziness." She said. "But it's great. The Breakers organization truly is a family. Anything you need, they got your back." 

I nodded. "And no one asked for them to sign me?"

"No. I actually heard Matt a few weeks before the signing was announced talking about how good of a player you were. He said that you were fantastic to watch and he wanted to bring you into the squad."

"Wow." I said. "I'm still shocked I got signed for the player I am and not because a player wanted me on the team."

"Well, we are all really excited to play on the same team with you." She said. "Why Sky Blue only signed you cause Kel?"

I nodded. "I mean I wanted to be closer to her because of the kids. But when I got to New Jersey the coach told me I had to prove myself. He said that Kelley told them I was a good player but I still had to earn my spot. We got divorced, she requested a trade, they traded me instead." 

There was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." I got up. "What?" I opened the door and saw Sydney.

"WE ARE PLAYING CANADA!" 

I looked at Abby. "You're gonna meet two more Boston teammates." She smiled. "Adriana Leon and Allysha Chapman."

"Oh. This should be fun."

"What's gonna be fun?" Kelley showed up behind her.

"We're playing Canada." Sydney told her.

"This IS gonna be fun."  

We got called in for a team meeting. "Ok. As you all know by now we are playing Canada for the gold medal. This is a big deal for them. Make sure we win." Cheney smiled. "Now I'm gonna tell you all the lineup now. Backline, Krieger, Becky and Abby. How does every feel so far?"

"I'm good till she says my name." Morgan said from next to me.

"Morgan Andrews."

"Crap." 

"You played great against New Zealand but like Mal, you two will be coming in off the bench. Sydney, Amy picked up an ankle injury, it's your time "

Syd stood up. "YES!" 

"Y/N and Syd up top. Rose, Morgan Brian, Tobin, JJ, and Carli in midfield, our back three I just listed and Hope Solo in goal. Everyone good? Any questions?"

No one said anything.

"We're putting out a younger side." She said. "And they're gonna think they can take advantage of that. They think that because some of you aren't in your 30s and have been on this team for 10 years that we are at a disadvantage. That isn't true. If anything I think having younger legs out there gives us an edge. You can out play them, out run them. Your age or number of years on this team isn't what defines you."

I nodded. 

"How you play, what you leave on the pitch. You can be 20 years old but play like someone who is 35. Look to your teammates who've done this before. Look to me. You learn something from them, we learn something from you. But most importantly, I want all of you to enjoy this. Not many people get to compete at the Olympics, so enjoy every second." 

The meeting wrapped up and we all left. 

"This really is a new team." Tobin said. "2015? 2016? It's all behind us."

"It's the future, Tobin." I said. "Soon this will be behind us."