Chapter 33

Kelsey

I stopped dead in my tracks not believing my eyes.

He couldn't do this.

He just couldn't.

My heart stopped beating for a second, hurt was all I felt. The pain was worse than anything I've ever felt.

The tears wouldn't stop, after today I don't think the tears would ever stop.

Why would he do this?

I love him, so much, I gave up everything I had just for him.

"Justin?" My voice cracked

I wiped the tears away but new ones came down to replace them.

Justin looked shocked. Suddenly, his eyes softened and he moved away from Selena.

"Happy birthday" I croaked

Biting my tongue, I was on the edge to break down in tears.

"Sorry, I think I came at a bad time, well here's your birthday present" I said barely above a whisper

I handed him the huge canvas. He stared at it emotionless.

"I put a lot of work in it" I bitterly laughed

He stared at me without blinking so I continued

"Hey don't look at me like that. Anyways, I don't want to waste a lot of your time. Seems like you were really busy before I got here. It's actually kinda a funny story, I had this crazy idea that I would throw you a surprise birthday party. So I did, all the guest are waiting for you it's at the banquet hall in downtown, if you have time after whatever you were doing you can came by. The guest aren't gonna wait forever" I laughed bitterly

I looked at him for a minute, stared right in his eyes. He looked right back into mine. He stayed silent, paralyzed, not saying a word.

I gave him a last glance and left the door. I felt a hand tug my wrist. I turned facing Justin.

Our facing were so close. I felt his breath tingle on my neck.

"Don't go" his rasped

My heart melted at his voice. But then I remembered all the pain he caused me.

I ripped my hand out of his grip.

"Let me go" I spat

"Please I'm sorry" he looked so vulnerable

"Your sorry you got caught. Now let me go" I spat

"I only did this because you were out with Jack. I saw what he messaged you, I was jealous okay!" He shouted

"What text are you talking about?" I asked confused

"When you went to the shower the other night, your phone went off.

It was a text from Jack, he called you 'Babe' and he also said 'are you sure Justin doesn't know about this, because if he finds out were screwed' and then it said 'meet me at my house before the party so we could' I didn't get to see the rest because your phone was locked. But you cheated on me anyways. What were you doing at his house? Huh. You were probably doing the same thing-"

"SHUT UP" I screamed cutting him off. I had enough of these lies.

He flinched hearing my voice

"Jack is one of my best friends and 'babe' is his nickname for me.When you read 'are you sure Justin doesn't know about this, because if he finds out were screwed' he was talking about the surprise birthday party I was planning for you, and when he said 'meet me at my house before the party do we could' he meant meet me at his house before the party so we could pick up the cake. His dad is a baker and he made your birthday cake that's what I went to his house for."