CHAPTER 8 | WITH YOU

Soo Ji P.O.V

He sent me home. Suddenly, my tears fell from my eyes. Why?

Flashback

"Sweetheart. What do you want to eat tonight?" My mom asked.

"Eomma, I want.. Em, can I have carbonara? I never eat that. My friend said it's so yummy. I want to try it too. Can I?" My 7 years old self excitedly requested.

"Carbonara? Hm, I think that's a good idea. Eomma want to eat too. Seafood carbonara. How about we cook together? Then, we can serve to appa and your brothers." My mom smiled to me and pinched my nose.

"Okay! Let's do that, eomma!" I was jumping happily.

Both of us started our cooking. We laughed, played, teased each other and everything we did brought a smiled on our face.

"Woah! Why is so fun here?" My mom and I startled.

"It's appa!" Both of us shouted together.

I ran from the kitchen straight up to my appa. Then, I stretched out my arm to my sides.

"Appa, NO! You can't enter the kitchen yet. We have surprise for you and oppas." I gave my words to my dad.

However, he still insisted to enter the kitchen. "Let me in. It has a good smell there. I want to see"

"NO appa! You can't" I heard my mom chuckled in the kitchen.

"Appa! What's going on here? Wah! It's smell so good. What are you cooking, eomma?" my eldest brother came with his dirty clothes on and there was a baseball bat in his hand.

"No oppa. You also can't go there. You have to wait" I warned him.

"She's right boys. Go take a shower first. Then, we will have our dinner. Soo Ji has cooks something special for you guys" my mom went out from the kitchen and stood in front of the door's kitchen with her apron still on her body.

"Soo Ji is cooking? Woah. I don't believe my cute and short sister is cooking for us" my second brother teased me.

"Hahaha!" Both my dad and eldest brother laughed.

"Eomma! He said that I'm short and he also don't believe me." I sulked.

"Boys! Stop tease your sister. Honey, take your boys to take a shower. You guys smell stinky." my mom closed her nose.

*****

"Soo Ji-ah? Where is our food? I can't wait to eat yours." My second brother shouted from the dinning table.

"Yeah. I'm so hungry Soo Ji-ah" my eldest brother said.

"Wait. Be patient please" I said from the kitchen.

"Eomma, should we serve our carbonara now?" I whispered into my mom's right ear.

"Should we? Let's go!" My mom lifted a big bowl of carbonara to the dining table and I lead her there.

"Tadaa!" I pointed to a bowl that my mom brought.

"Woah! Carbonara? Are you cook this, baby?" My dad asked me while smiling.

"Yes! I cook with eomma. Right eomma?" I looked at my mom.

"Yes, you are sweetheart"

My brothers looked at our dish with their wide eyes. "Woah!" They said in unison.

"Soo Ji-ah. It looks so yummy. I think you are ready to get married now. Haha!" My eldest brother said.