You're Hired

Kenya's POV

Better start looking for a job.

At least I have an apartment.

My money won't last me forever so job hunting here I come.

I grab my resume and my phone cause who can't live without their phone. I looked through newspapers and looked around Tokyo searching for jobs.

I still haven't found much, but today will be a good day.

Right when I was about to leave the door I forgot the two important things.

I looked at the picture of my older brother Kaneki, my father, and my mother. I missed them so much.

"Goodbye mom and dad. Wish me luck Kaneki." I smile at the picture remembering the good memories I had with my family.

I wonder if Touka has any information on job offerings.

I met Touka about a few weeks ago. We ran into each other on the subway for a deal they were having at a bookstore.

We shared our numbers and from time to time we'd hang out at Anteiku and I'd got to meet all her friends at Anteiku. During the time I met Touka I was working at a restaurant and I was a waiter. I quit because the perverted men always try to seduce and young woman, but I did the smart thing and punched those perverts straight in their stupid old faces.

I quit on the spot and moved away.

I enrolled in Kiyomi High School, the same school where Touka attends to and moved closer to the school. I attend school in the middle of 1st semester, but it's still fine since I was able go catch up with the lessons and homework.

When I told Touka that I was jobless, she'd notify me when Anteiku is offering a job.

Let's start hunting for jobs.

Crap. I forgot my eyepatch.

I put on the eyepatch and walk out of my apartment.

First job starts at another restaurant. They're looking for waitresses and waiters to cosplay. I walk quickly to the restaurant that was only a few blocks away from my apartment.

Waiting and waiting.

The light is still green.

The faster I get there, the faster I can apply for the job.

The light turns red and the "Don't Walk" sign changes to "Walk" and many busy people walk across the street. I quicken my pace and see the resturant in view.

I reached the restaurant and I opened the door. Customers were seated and eating their food while chatting with each other.

"Excuse me, I heard about a job opening in this restaurant." I asked a waitress who was taking the dirty dishes in a tray.

"Sorry to tell you this, but some guy took the job yesterday." Damn it!!!! No control your temper and relax.

"Thanks for helping me." I let out a sigh and walk out of the restaurant. This is not time to be feeling sad. There are more jobs out there.