Half Human, Half Ghoul

Kenya's POV

"Enjoy your coffee." I hand the customer their cup of coffee and offer a smile.

"Thanks." The nice woman smiled back.

It's my 3rd day working at Anteiku. Touka had showed me how to make all different types of coffee. Koma and Irimi showed me how to properly wash and place the dishes.

Nishki is always bragging and complaining about taking breaks and that he needs to rest. I believe that he's a lazy moron that doesn't want to work.

"Tsukiyama is coming today." Touka whispers in my ear.

Shuu Tsukiyama is one weird man that I've ever met. He's always talking about how everyone has a unique personality and that everyone smells like flowers and luxurious perfume.

Sometimes I wonder what he says in French.

"That annoying asshole?" Nishki complained once more. Touka told me that Nishki hates Tsukiyama with a pure passion of hatred. She never told me the reason why, but I don't ask questions.

"We get that you hate him Nishki, but watch your language." Koma warns the lazy waiter.

Nishki just scoffed and went back to picking dirty dishes. Nishki and his stubbornness.

The lady that I served was gone which meant that it was time to clean up the table and pick up the cup. Customers were starting to leave so Touka and Nishki began to clean the tables and pick up the dishes.

The lady gave me a tip. I placed the $1 bill in my pocket and continued cleaning. Thanks for the tip.

12:15 pm. It's time for our break. Finally! It's always busy in Anteiku so a break is always nice to have.

Lunch. What to do? I'm getting hungry and if I eat sandwiches or any food, I'll throw up again. A simple black coffee will fill me up for now.

While I made the coffee Mr. Yoshimura wanted to taste some that I made.

"This is perfect. It actually reminds me of an employee that used to work here. Your coffee tastes exactly like his." I sipped my coffee and continued talking with Mr. Yoshimura.

"I don't want to sound picky or make you feel that I'm forcing you to answer these questions that I'm about to ask, but you mentioned you had a brother."

"Yeah I did."

Silence filled the room. All I could hear was the squeaks of Touka and Nishki cleaning the window and Koma and Irimi cleaning the counter.

"Who's your brother?"

Should I tell him? No. He may not even know Kaneki. After all, there is a rumor that I heard about him, but I won't believe it.

"What's your past? Do you need help with finding your brother?"

I haven't talked to my past with no one except Saito.

"You see, my brother and I had parents. Our dad died when I was four and my brother was 5. Then mom died due to overworking so much and I was 9 when my brother was 10. Then one day changed my life and my brother's life."

"Kaneki. I'm scared." How I missed my brother's hugs.

"It's ok. We're almost home." My brother and I bought groceries since we were running out of food. Our short cut was walking through the park, but at night it gets darker and scarier.

"We'll eat soon and then we can go to our warm beds." Kaneki's smile always made me smile. His smiles always brightens my day.

"Yeah! Then after dinner we can play games and color in coloring books!" His laughter always brought back good memories.