Tastebuds

Kenya's POV

I quickly went to the bathroom and was ready to puke all the food I ate. I already felt my stomach grumbling and it's a sign for me to head to the bathroom. I drank some water and took deep breaths waiting for the agonizing feeling of stomach pain and disgust.

I waited for the food to leave me body and prepare myself for the worse.

Huh?.......

Nothing is happening?.......

What the hell is going on?!!!!

I waited a few more minutes until I realized that I wasn't going to puke. But why is my stomach still grumbling?

I wash my hands and look at my reflection. At least I have total control of my ghoul side but why didn't I throw up?

As I exit the bathroom Hide was already waiting my the door with some water. "Here I got you water and stomach pain medicine." He blushed a little as I thanked him. "Are you ok?" I took the medicine and water and thanked him once more. "Yes I'm fine just a little stomach ache. I'm sorry for making you worry." We walk back to our table and relaxed in our seats.

"We can go back to your home the food probably made you sick or something."

"No it's fine! Let's keep eating I'll be alright." I gave him a sweet smile as his eyes lighten and nods in agreement. What a gentle and sweet man. "Alright I'll get you some soup for now to ease your stomach. Any specific desserts or fruits?" Ooh desserts and fruit that sounds delicious.

Wait am I even fine to eat regular food?

"A fruit parfait is ok thank you Hide." Why does my face feel red and I feel heat rising up to my cheeks. I'm probably blushing like an idiot.

We enjoyed our dinner and talked about school and what goals we had. Hide kept eating a little too much but he still had enough for dessert. We laughed at the stories we told and jokes that were made, took a few photos, and enjoyed our night.

"I think we ate enough here." I laughed a little as Hide was trying to hide the bloating he was feeling. He called for a taxi and we waited a few minutes until it arrived.

"I think you should loosen up your belt a bit don't be afraid to hide that you're a little bloated." Hide laughed at my comment and reassured me he was ok. "I'm fine I think it's all the soda and dessert." Once the taxi arrived we went back to my apartment and got into our pajamas.

"Thank you again Hide. I needed time off from work and school. I had a great night all thanks to you." I smiled at him again and he nervously laughed. "No thank you I wanted to show you I was thankful for you letting me stay here with you." I hugged Hide and was about to make him a tea, but he refused to let go.

"Hide-"

"Kenya......" before I could saying anything back soft pair of lips met mine. "I-I- I like you...like a lot. I- I'm sorry if I stole your first kiss but I just needed to give you at least once kiss." My heart was beating fast and my lips felt warm and moist.

Why is my heart beating fast?

After that kiss I forgot about my incident earlier and not being able to throw up. I was so focused on finding a possible reason I didn't notice about how Hide and I were so close tonight.

"Hide...I-" my emotions were everywhere. "I'm sorry. I probably shouldn't have done that." I was so flustered and blushing like a bright red tomato.

What just happened?!!

I-

KISS?!!

I KISSED HIDE?!!!

"AHHHHH!!!" I screamed in embarrassment and run out the door of the apartment as my face remained hot and red.