Short Story- Jay's Wedding- Part 1

The sun started to rise in the horizon, and as soon as the first ray peek into the elegant house of the successful director, Jay Sinha, the mansion staff was on the run. When the entire Mumbai city would be fast asleep in their house, the famous director was pacing in the living room with a sullen look, earning puzzled looks from the household staff.

His parents, Raj and Nivedita Sinha who just emerged out from their bedroom, eyed him curiously. Rolling his eyes, Raj sat leisurely on the sofa side glancing Jay, who ran his fingers through his hair repeatedly.

"Nivi, I thought a man gets sleepless nights after marriage, but here our son is creating a new trend by not sleeping before even meeting his in law's," Raj teased earning a frustrated groan from Jay.

"And since when did you borrowed Jeej's teasing hormones? Since the day that man has stepped into our family, apart from teasing you people do nothing. God knows, what is he made up of?" Jay retorted already annoyed at Aayush who was still not up much to his frustration.

Nivedita, smacked him on his head, showing a finger on her lips.

"Speak slow, or else call your dooms day if by mistake the triplets woke up from their sleep. You know how difficult it is to put them to sleep and they would have been up till 4:30 so now let them rest or before going to marriage aisle, your Jeej's will send you to the hospital for ruining his slumber." She warned making Jay scowl in annoyance.

Of course, he was aware of the three seven month old tsunamis of the Khandelwal house who can put any business tycoon to shame when they start wailing together like banshees.

What did his sister eat before delivering them?

At times, he had a doubt whether they were actually seven month old or Did God just shrinked the seventeen years old to fix them in his sister's womb?

"What kind of bullshit are you thinking, Jay? Do you want to get beaten up by Aayush today only?" Raj's booming voice brought him out of his daze. He looked at his mother who was shaking her head at him amused. She never thought, she will get to witness his weird thoughts openly.

Raj ended up giggling looking at his son's horrified looks when he realized that he spoke his mind out loud.

Ohh!! Amaya what did you do?

Loosen up my all screws for Jeej's to tighten them by his one punch only.

"Nivi, your son has gone mad. Book him a bed in mental asylum before he drives us mad with his self talks!" Raj teased making Jay stomp his foot in frustration.

"You are not helping at all, Dad. Here, I am terrorized to meet her father, and you are worried about you getting mad." He cribbed glaring at his father, who gave him a sheepish smile.

Perks of staying with his son in law who was the sole owner of those sheepish looks, whenever he committed a blunder in front of his wife.

"Arghhhhh.......Jeejsssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!" He yelled forgetting the obvious fact, to only widen his eyes in disbelief when he heard three shrilling cries echoeing in the mansion followed by Raisha and Aayush's scream.

Jayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I'll kill you!

******************

Few Minutes back

Curling up in two balls, hiding under the duvet, they laid on the couch at the far end of the room, whispering to each other.

The ever so bold and ferocious Aayush Khandelwal has begun to whisper in the night since the day he realized a month back that his daughters are damn light sleepers.