Jay's Wedding- Part 4( Haldi Ka Nikhaar..)

Mayun (Haldi Ceremony Day)

I closed my mouth and spoke to you in a hundred silent ways._ Rojina Ali(Rumi)

Past midnight, when the sky was covered in the thick blanket of stars, Jay raced the car on the deserted streets. His eyes glaring at the rear view mirror, staring behind the couple who sat leisurely on the passenger seat, gazing at the other like there was no other work better than looking at the other.

Replaying the entire fuss in his mind, Jay didn't fail to recall that how at exactly midnight, his Jeej's has woken him up in the most cruel way, and if that was not enough, then he dragged him along with him mercilessly. To shock him, his sister stood there dressed in her night dress which comprised of cute white Kittie top and a pink cappery.

Who would say the girl was the mother of five kids? So much maintainence. But still he didn't got the deal that what was so special in the night that he was made a driver?

Having enough of their eyelock, he yelled frustrated, "Jeej's, do you even want to go somewhere, or do you plan to make me roam around the goddamn streets?"

"Take the left turn and stop the car," Aayush ordered still keeping his gaze fixated on his Raisha, who was busy smiling at him. She didn't know what he was upto, but all she knew was that once she had put all five of their kids to sleep, he placed the triplets in her parents room.

And very quietly, he had sneaked her out of the house. No questions asked, nor answers demanded in between them. If he said her to get up in the middle of the night, she will happily oblige.

"Man, you are not even seeing where we are, and you are ordering me to stop the car. Are you out of your nuts?" Jay cribbed irritated. He was so sleepy with all the engagement teasing, and here his Jeej's was not leaving any chance to piss him off.

"On the right side of this road, is a big banyan tree while on the left there is a big rose plant. And if you go as per my direction, then you will end up on the back yard of the Khan House!" Aayush replied, now stroking Raisha's cheek; his eyes held hers in an intense passion which didn't seem to lessen even after years of their marriage. It only enhanced with time.

"What?"

"Stupid, stop yelling. I am not deaf. And if you are wondering, that how come you don't know this route so then I told you take the short cut which is straight away directed to the back yard of the Khan House. And if you are wondering, why we are going there then Amaya's grandmother will tell you, because it's her demand. Not mine." He stated in one breath, making Raisha chuckle.

Taking his hand in hers, she caressed his knuckles slowly and softly, enjoying the feel of his skin under her hold. Bringing it closer to her heart, she stored it in herself, not uttering a word but just conveying through her actions that how much she loved him. Her silence has been the witness of her love for the longest, and even today it didn't hesitated to make it's appearence in between them.

"You people are so secretive. God know what history you are discussing, in silence? What are you even enjoying looking at her like a statue?" Jay didn't realised that unfortunately, he was inquiring the most dumbest thing from them, when sometime back he had done the same thing.

But poor boys sleep was getting to him! So he was forgiven for the moment, otherwise he was sure, he would be earning several lectures on preventing his idiocity.

He halted the car, and Aayush pulled out the red and white roses bouquet, along with a Florist Sydney flower Chocolate bouquet from the back side, making his eyes pop out of his sockets. He saw his sister grinning from ear to ear, but when he forwarded the chocolates, and roses towards him, he litterally got a mini stroke.