Fourteen / 14

____________________✧*:・____________________

"So Marvin what's been bothering you lately?" Mendel smiled sitting down on his regular chair. He noticed that Marvin looked a bit nervous. He had to be missing Whizzer. Mendel smiled, remembering the one day he went to the hospital to check up on Whizzer. He had been sleeping and was told to come later. Still he had made an effort.

"I think I'm going insane without Whizzer. I mean I know he's going to be fine and out of the hospital in a few weeks. But I want him to be out now!" Marvin groaned, throwing his head in his hands. "And even worse Trina kicked me out! Where am I going to live?" Mendel perked up. Like every time Marvin mentioned his EX. He had a sneaking suspicion that Mendel liked Trina.

"Well I mean you could always stay at my place, I have a couch and stuff," Mendel waved his hand in the air, "and I'm always there for emotional support too, considering that's my job," Mendel laughed.

"You would do that? Just until I pay off Whizzers medical bill,"

"What are friends for?" Mendel smiled. Marvin found it ironic that he was repeating what he had said just moments ago to himself.

-~☓☆☓~-

Mendel's place was like a college dorm. Clothes and empty foot containers everywhere. The occasional book lying around. Marvin noticed one of the books on the floor had really big print. Did Mendel need glasses? Maybe he should talk to him about that. Mendel showed him the couch and told him he had a meeting first thing in the morning so he probably wouldn't be home when Marvin got up.

Mendel seemed like a cool roommate. Kinda messy, but never around. It was the perfect combination. Kinda.

"And eat anything you want in the fridge, I gotta go out tonight," Mendel announced reaching to pick up a book off the floor. Thanks to that, Marvin knew the floor was covered in hardwood floors. Always good to know.

"Ooo, with who?" Marvin blinked innocently, hoping to be as flirty as Whizzer acted, "TRINA?" Marvin made all these love-y jokes until Mendel threw a book at him.

"Maybe!" he grabbed his coat and ran out of the room before Marvin could say anything else. Then it was just Marvin by himself. It had all happened so fast. Mendel inviting him in. Now he was alone in the messy house. The least he could do would be clean.

Right?

407 words

"Love's unkind," - Mendel