Chapter 23. Stay quiet

"I can't stay quiet knowing we could die at any second."
.
.

"If it is the police, they know your names. Not mine or Phil's, so we can answer and you two can go hide." Chris exclaimed pushing the both of us away lightly. I nodded at Chris's demands and without paying attention Dan grabbed my hand and pulled me along with him to our room.

We opened the door to see Phil looking a bit calmer, "Phil, someone's at the door, you need to go with Chris and answer it, we will explain later, okay? Please..." Dan spoke suddenly as he probably felt extremely guilty for asking Phil to do this after what happened.

Phil nodded quickly without question and ran out the door to go find Chris. While Dan pulled me into a closet along with himself. "Shhh, just stay quiet okay." Dan whispered holding me close to him as our hands were still connected, causing my cheeks to become red as I looked up at him.

(Chris's p.o.v)

Me and Phil walked up to the door slowly, as we started to become cautious of our every move, as if one thing we did wrong could somehow expose us for everything. We opened it slowly and were faced with two police officers staring back at us. I cursed under my breath so quietly no one could hear, yet I looked over at Phil who seemed visually terrified it was as if he couldn't even speak.

"Hello.." I spoke suddenly breaking the silence that was in between us, the officer probably thought we seemed sketchy but who could blame him?

"Hello, we've been aware about the whole bombing situation and you people live fairly close to the bridge, we were just checking around and making sure everyone was okay, do you mind answering a couple questions?" He asked.

I nodded, "sure, come in."

Phil looked nervous and shaky, it seemed like he wanted to tell me something yet I couldn't really figure out what he was trying to tell me without breaking character. "So what was it you wanted to ask us?" I questioned sitting down as the two police men followed and sat down as well.

"We just wanted to know if you've seen anything out of the ordinary during the past couple of days, I mean there has been so much crazy stuff on the news lately, we just want to make sure people are safe." The other officer spoke as he folded his arms and laid back some.

I could feel Phil poking me every now and then when it was least noticeable yet I just simply ignored him not wanting to gain any concern from the police officers.

"Well we haven't really seen anything officers." I said calmly, the police seemed a bit curious about why Phil wasn't speaking so I nonchalantly tapped him signalling him to speak.

"Yeah, nothing." His shaky voice spoke.

The officer hummed in suspicion yet shook it off as if it was nothing. And they both began to stand up and walk around the house a bit, still staying in the same room as us.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I whispered quietly over to Phil wondering what he was so freaked out about.

He was quiet as he just looked at me blankly, until he finally spoke, "W-we didn't pick up the body." His voice stuttered, causing my eyes to widen as I stood up quickly in a panic not knowing what to do, but it was already too late.

Before we knew it the police saw Anthony's body on the ground, blood stains on the floor. One of the officers turned around quickly taking his gun out of his pocket and aiming it towards us. We both put our hands in the air, Phil put his up in fear but I was just frustrated.