Chapter 28. Ready to go

"I don't go crazy, I am crazy. I just go normal from time to time."
.
.

My hand lightly placed itself onto Phil's head as he was sleeping on my lap in the back seat. I looked down at him in pity for what happened, yet it wasn't long until my thoughts were interrupted by Dan calling my name.

"(Y/n)?" He questioned turning over to me as he was in the front seat, Chris driving next to him.

I snapped out of my trance and looked up to meet Dans eyes staring at mine. He looked genuinely concerned but then snapped out of it, "we're going to be in Las Vegas in about 2 hours."

I froze for a second, "Vegas?!" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

"I have some business I need to take care of over there." He spoke as he looked down at his phone to check the time.

I leaned back squinting my eyes not believing him. What kind of "business" was he even referring too? I sighed giving up, not even wanting to argue as I knew it wasn't worth it.

I pondered about everything, gazing out the window and laying my head against my hand. Staring blankly as we quickly passed by trees and street lights.

//

Time passed by and eventually the car stopped right when I was about to doze off and fall asleep. I looked over to see a bunch of buildings as the car stopped right in front of the grey buildings door. "Be ready." Dan whispered over to Chris who was driving the car.

Dan walked out and immediately my reaction was to get out of the car as well. I opened the door and walked out grabbing Dans arm and stopping him, "what are we doing here?" I questioned in concern yet my words came out aggressively.

Dan pulls his arm away, "be quiet! Get back in the car!" He spoke in a loud whisper.

"No! I want to know what you're doing!" I said back loudly. 

Dan covered my mouth quickly as his eyes shifted around cautiously. He let go and sighed, "look, we're running out of money... I have some 'friends' here that owe me a bit of cash, it's enough to get us somewhere safer." Dan spoke in a more calming tone.

"Dan, I don't like this idea-"

"I know, but it's what we have to do right now.. I'm just as scare- worried as you are... but this is my job, to protect you. Please just trust me for once. I can take care of myself.." he began to say as he grabbed my hands trying to calm me down.

I looked down and sighed, he kissed me on the cheek for reassurance and began walking towards the building door, he knocked on it three times and began to wait. Yet my mind began to go crazy as I thought of everything that could happen. His reassurance wasn't enough to stop me.

I walked up next to him instead of going into the car, "I'm coming with you." I whispered under my breath trying not to speak loudly.

His eyes widened, "wait shit, no-" he spoke trying to push me away but the door was already open so he knew he had to go along with it.