Welcome

The next day

Katie's POV
Lin just texted me asking me and Anthony to meet him at the theater. Me and Anthony walk hand in hand. We walk in and see a bunch of people from auditions. I see Phillipa standing towards the front with two other women. I walk up and say hi. "Hi I'm Katie," I say after hugging Phillipa. "Hi I'm Renee," she was tall and had dark skin and dark curly hair. The other, a little shorter and hand brown curly hair, "I'm Jasmine!"

After a few minutes of talking Lin walks onto the stage. "If everyone would take a seat that would be great." I walk toward Anthony and sit next to him. Lin continues, "so I have asked you all here for a reason. And I'm sorry to say, you have all made it into the show!" I gasp and the theater is filled with cheering. I hug Anthony tightly. We rock back and forth in the hug and let go when Lin gets everyone's attention again, "there is a paper here on stage with everyone's name next to the role they will play. Feel free to come up now and see your part! Just a quick notice, since it is December 12 we will start after New Years, meaning we will start on January 3rd." (I know this was posted in July but it makes sense with my storyline and I wanted to do a cute Christmas thing)

Anthony and I walk up to the stage hand-in-hand. The list reads:

Lin-Manuel Miranda ... Alexander Hamilton
Leslie Odom Jr. ... Aaron Burr
Anthony Ramos ... John Laurens/Philip Hamilton
Daveed Diggs ... Lafayette/Thomas Jefferson
Okieriete Onaodowan ... Hercules Mulligan/James Madison
Christopher Jackson ... George Washington
Phillipa Soo ... Eliza Schuyler
Renée Elise Goldsberry ... Angelica Schuyler
Katie Adams ... Peggy Schuyler
Jasmine Cephas Jones ... Maria Reynolds
Jonathan Groff ... King George III

"Yes! I got the part I wanted," I practically scream in Anthony's ear. He laughs and wraps an arm around my waist. Lin steps on a box and talks again, "now feel free to take the next hour to talk and get to know each other better.

I walk over to stage right to Phillipa, Renée, and Jasmine. We talk, exchange numbers and chat for the rest of the time. Then, I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Don't think you could get away with not saying hi," I turn and see a smiling face I haven't seen in years. "Thayne!!" I yell and jump into the man's arms. "I haven't seen you in years! When was it? Graduation?" He smiles, "yeah I think so." Anthony walks over, "hey Katie, who's this?" He puts his tough guy face on and wraps an arm around my shoulders. "Easy tiger. Turn 'Mr. Tough Boyfriend Mode' off. This is Thayne, we went to high school together!" Anthony relaxes a little, but I can still feel he is a little tense. I pat his shoulder and pull him closer to me. "Hey we really need to catch up sometime, Thayne." I say with a smile. "But of course," he says in a posh British accent, "give me your number and we can meet for coffee or something." I smile, "I'd love too."

Anthony walk back to our apartment. We are so excited about our roles. "So what do you want for Christmas?" Anthony asks nudging me. "Not sure," I say thinking, "maybe some quality time with you will do!" I peck his cheek as we walk back into the apartment.

A/N: so sorry about posting this so late. Was very busy today! But thank you for all the support. If you would like me to add anything to the story, don't be scared to message me any ideas. Thank you and stay fantastic my lovelies!
~Kate 💙💚