Auditions

*a few months later* (I didn't know how to move it along and I don't think anyone wanted to sit through a couple chapters of nothing) Date: November 12, 2014

Katie's POV
I wake up to the blaring of an alarm clock. I roll over and mumble, "Babe, turn off the alarm"
beep beep beep
"Babe."
beep beep beep
"ANTHONY!"
I look up to see no Anthony in bed next to me. I get up turn the alarm off and walk to the kitchen. As I walk, the scent of bacon hits my nose. I run to the kitchen to see Anthony humming to himself while making pancakes with bacon.

He turns around with a smile, "well! Look who's up!" I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his waist. "Hey babe," he starts, "knowing you it will take you an hour to get ready and we have to leave in 40 minutes so I suggest you quickly get ready." I gasp, "oh my gosh! Thanks Ant!" I peck him on the lips and quickly get ready.

40 minutes later I was ready for my audition. Anthony and I were going to audition for Lin's latest theatrical creation. We hop in my car, turn on my radio and warm up by singing along. Lin wanted us to audition for his play called "Hamilton." My first reaction was that one president? Turns out he wasn't a president, he was the first Secretary of Treasury. Ant and I had picked out the songs we would use for our auditions; I am singing "No Good Deed" from Wicked, Ant is singing "Seize the Day" from Newsies. We each had a role we were auditioning for. Anthony wants either John Laurens or Philip Hamilton. I want Peggy Schuyler. She seems like a lovable character.

We pull up to the Richard Rodgers theater. We park and head inside. (Idk how the auditions work in just basing this off of me auditioning in high school) They had all the guys sit on one side of the theater and the girls on the other. I sit next to a girl with long black hair. I decide to introduce myself. "Hi I'm Katie," I say turning toward her. She smiles back, "I'm Philipa! What part are you auditioning for?" "Peggy, what about you?" "Eliza."

"Katie Adams?"

"That's me! Wish me luck!" I say. "Good luck," I hear as I head toward the stage. I make my way to center stage. I look up and see Anthony looking at me smiling and giving me a thumbs up. I smile as I begin, "Hi, my name is Katie Adams and I will be auditioning for the role of Peggy Schuyler. I will be singing 'No Good Deed' from Wicked." The director looks up and says, "Whenever you're ready." I see Lin smile next to him as I begin.

I finish the song confidently, looking to Lin as he smiles widely. I make my way off the stage and back to my seat. "Wow," Philipa starts, "are you sure you only wanted to be Peggy?" I laugh as the auditions continue.

*after auditions*

After the last person sings Lin and the director stand up on the stage. "Okay," Lin starts, "an e-mail will be sent out tomorrow of the cast list. If you see your name you made it, if not sorry." Everyone walks out the door, I wait by the door for Anthony as he makes his way to me. Suddenly, I feel a hand on my shoulder and spin around. A tall, lean man stands infront of me, "hey my name's Evan. You did really good!" I smile, "thanks." He bites his lip and stands a little closer, oh no. "So I was wondering if I could get your number, maybe we could get some coffee." I start to say something when I feel a warm hand wrap around my shoulders, "sorry but she has a boyfriend," Anthony says pulling me closer to him. Evan steps back in shock and a bit embarrassed, "oh sorry dude! I didn't realize she was taken. Um, see you around?" "Maybe." He walks off. "Wow being a protective boyfriend now are we," I say turning to Anthony. He smiles, "if I have to be." He kisses me lightly on the forehead as we head back to our apartment.

A/N: Hey guys! Hope you like this chapter! If you want me to add anything to the story, feel free to message me any ideas! Thanks for the support. Stay fantastic my lovelies!
~Kate 💙💚