Tragedy in Paradise

*one week later*

Katie's POV
Anthony and I have been dating for a couple days now. We went on a second date and he asked me in Times Square. It was beautiful. Right now I am getting ready for bed. I try to call Anthony but he doesn't pick up. Strange. Suddenly my phone rings. It's Lin.

Katie: Hey Lin what's up?
Lin: Katie! Get to the hospital now!
Katie: why what's wrong?
Lin: its Anthony.
Katie: I'll be there in 10

I quickly put on some normal clothes and make my way to the hospital.

*half an hour earlier*

Lin's POV (ha! Wasn't expecting that!)
Me and Ant are walking down the alley next to the theater when some guy jumps out at us. The hooded man starts yelling, "give me everything! Phone, money, everything!" Anthony tries reasoning with the guy, "Look dude, I don't have any money on me and I left my phone at home!" The man got mad now, "quit lying and give me your money!" Now Anthony was getting annoyed, "I already told you we don't have any!" The hooded man pulls out a gun and says, "wrong answer."

BANG!

Anthony drops. The guy starts running away. I kneel down and start to shake Anthony, "ANTHONY! Wake up!" I quickly pull out my phone and dial 911.

*back to present time*
At the hospital

I'm sitting in the waiting room when Katie runs in. "What happened?" she asks clearly nervous. I explain everything.

Katie's POV
Lin tells me everything. I start running to the receptionist to see what room he is in. Room 827. I run to his room. As I try to enter his room a doctor grabs me and says, "only family can be in there." Without thinking I yell, "I'm his wife!" The doctor nods and lets me enter.

I run in and see the most awful thing in the world: Anthony laying unconscious in a hospital bed with an IV, and blood bag attached to his arm. I sit down next to him. I start crying. I hold his hand and start mumbling in Italian.
(Don't kill me if anything is wrong I used google, even though that's a terrible idea in the first place.)
"Oh Signore. Per favore, per favore. Perché lui! Ti amo, Anthony. Per favore svegliati!"
(Translation: Oh Lord! Please, please. Why him! I love you, Anthony. Please wake up!)
Suddenly I feel his hand squeeze mine and a faint voice say, "En español. ¿Por favor?"
(Translation: In Spanish. Please?)
I jump up, "Anthony!" I hug him, but he winces in pain. I let go, "oh, sorry. Oh my gosh you're okay!" Just then the doctor walks in, "ah your awake! Well, the bullet dodged all major organs and arteries so you'll be okay. You just have to stay in the hospital for another day just so we can make sure everything is okay." We both smile and look at each other. The doctor turns to leave but turns back and says, "your wife about killed me trying to get in here." Anthony looks at him confused, "my wife?" I clear my throat and nudge him.

"Also there is a man up and down the wall out here trying to get in," the doctor says. I chuckle knowing it was probably Lin. "He can come in," Anthony says with a sigh. The doctor leaves and Lin comes running in. "Oh my god you're okay!" he says panting, "I thought you were going to die." We all sit and talk for a while. After Lin leaves, I get up to leave but feel a hand grab mine. "Stay?" a tired Anthony asks. I smile to him, "sure." He moves over in him bed and pats the empty spot beside him. I lay down next to him with a smile. I pull out my phone and we watch Netflix for a while until I start to doze off. As I start to drift off, I feel Anthony kiss my head saying, "what did I do to deserve you?" With that I fall asleep.

A/N: hey guys! So I wrote this chapter pretty quick after practice. Sorry for my bad writing but I'm glad to see so many people like this book! If you want to see anything in this book, feel free to message me any ideas! Thanks for reading you lovelies!
~Kate 💙💚