Seven

Everyone I passed was silent. The attack had put many agents in shock; we had lost a lot of people. An image of Rogers' heavy-hearted face crossed my mind, making me worry about how he was after seeing those cards. I pushed the thought away. Why was I so concerned for him? I barely knew him.

I stopped walking when I glimpsed Nat and Clint through one of the doors and knocked quietly. A muffled acknowledgment came through and I assumed it was okay to come in.

"How are you?" I asked Clint hesitantly.

With a small smirk he replied, "Pretty good for being corrupted by a god." I rolled my eyes and Nat shook her head.

"What's on your mind?" he asked curiously.

"I want to go after Loki." Natasha gave Clint a pointed look.

"If we all went-" I started saying but was interrupted by Rogers entering the room.

"Time to go," he announced, his eyes flickering between the three of us. I avoided his gaze, probably making it obvious that I was. Clint stood and leaned against the bathroom door frame.

"Go where?" Nat asked, surprised.

"I'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?" he inquired to Natasha.

"I can," Clint volunteered confidently. Rogers glanced at Natasha for confirmation. She nodded silently.

"You got a suit?" he directed at Clint, taking her word.

"Yeah."

"Then suit up," Rogers told him, leaving the room once again. I gave a nod to the pair and quickly went after him.

"Rogers!" I called to catch his attention. He stopped and turned to face me, giving me the opportunity to catch up. Once I reached him, we continued.

"Do you know where Loki is?" I asked skeptically. It didn't seem like it had taken them long to figure it out.

He nodded and said, "Tony believes he's at Stark Tower. He wants an audience."

"Well this is going to be chaotic," I grumbled. If we didn't get there in time people were going to get hurt. We reached the end of the hall where the stairs allowed you to either go up or down.

"I'm going to grab a few things. Meet you at the hangar," I said, glancing up at him. He nodded and forced a small smile, taking the stairs upwards. My heart saddened a little, seeing how distraught he was. I wasn't going to pester him though, and I'm sure he wouldn't want to talk to me about it anyway.

Pushing these thoughts away, I flew down the stairs and down the short hall to the weapons room. I had lost my pistol somewhere in the mess from earlier. I quietly opened the door and slipped inside. Opening a crate, I found a handgun similar to mine. I placed it into the empty holster on my hip and grabbed ammo.

I began to trek back the way I came, coming across very few agents on my way. My footsteps echoed loudly through the empty halls. I rounded the last corner and Rogers, Natasha, and Clint were standing outside of the hangar. All of them were ready to go.

"Where's Tony?" I wondered, coming to a halt. Tony was always the last to arrive to pretty much everything.

"I'm here," Tony announced from behind me. Turning, I could see him closing the distance to our little group. He was wearing his armor which was still heavily damaged. He didn't plan on using it, did he? I also noticed he had my jacket in his hand.

"I was making some minor repairs to the suit," he clarified, tossing the jacket to me. I couldn't control the sour look that overtook my face, and I opened my mouth to make a snarky comment, but Clint spoke first.