Chapter 17

We ended up dancing for what felt like hours. The music was constantly flowing through our ears, making our bodies move in sync. I tried to dance slowly, so Grayson wouldn't laugh at me. I wouldn't want him to be embarrassed that I suck at dancing.

Around midnight, the dance floor started to get thinner; everyone seems to be leaving. I look at Grayson and we decide to leave too. Luckily, Chris drove me here, so I can leave with whoever. She ended up getting wasted, so Sean, who's completely sober, decided to drive her car home since he came with Grayson. How sweet!

I texted her and told her to tell me everything that happened tomorrow. She of course agreed and continued to text me a bunch of drunk rubbage. At one point I turned my phone off. I'll probably end up staying over at Grayson's. We will see.

"Hop in," Grayson says when we finally get to the car. He holds the door open for me and I get in. I'm still wide awake, so passing out in his car is the last thing on my mind. "Wanna come to my house? You can spend the night." I nod and turn the radio up. It's late out, so it's completely silent. The buzz of the music fills my ears. Our hands are intertwined on the console. I look down and smile at the gesture. The times when our hands weren't interlaced seem foreign to me.

"We're here." The house in front of me is average size. The grey exterior compliments the white windows. We walk inside and I set my small bag onto the table.

"My parents are at my aunt's house helping her with the flooding that happened." I nod my head and sit on the couch, turning the TV on.

Grayson sits down next to me and wraps his arms around my body, pulling me closer. I snuggle into him and flip through the channels.

We soon settle on an episode of Friends. It's each of ours' favorite show. I mouth along the lyrics as Grayson waits for the clap. He accidentally misses it and starts pouting.

"Maybe next time, buddy." I send him a smug grin, chuckling because I was able to do it.

"Oh shut up," He starts to stand. "Want anything to eat?"

"No, I'm good," I say on instinct.

He seems confused. "You haven't eaten anything since the party started. You must be hungry by now."

God dammit. What am I supposed to say now? If I eat anything here I guarantee I'll throw it up. I already had two apples this morning and a granola bar before I went shopping, which is normal for me. That amount of food will make my body reject it, not like I'm complaining.

"Chris and I had a lot to eat before the party." I try to put a convincing smile on my face. I can tell he's hesitant to believe me, but he thankfully does.

Grayson comes back to the couch with a sandwich in his hand. He puts it in my face, silently asking me if I want some. I shake my head and turn to face the TV.

The TV soon turns to background noise. We talk and make out for an hour or two before Grayson comes up with an idea, "Follow me." He gets up and grabs my hand. I'm pulled to the back of his house and we go out onto the yard. Around me is, what I'm guessing is, his childhood play set and a hot tub. The yard is kinda small, so both objects aren't far apart.

He takes me to the hot tub and turns it on. "Wanna come in with me?" Um... one hundred and ten percent no.

"No thanks, I'm good." He looks down at me.

"Come on, what's the point in not doing it?" Time to come up with an excuse as to why I wouldn't want to be almost completely bare in front of my boyfriend, the guy I'm supposed to impress. It's different when under the covers; at that point we're both distracted.