6

I ran into the auditorium as fast as I could after class

I ran into the auditorium as fast as I could after class. I basically fell into the seat next to Reggie just as Kevin called out Archie for his audition.

"Good, I didn't miss it." I let out a sigh of relief.

"And what will you be auditioning with?" Kevin asks.

I can see that Archie is visibly nervous. "Uh, an original song I wrote called I'll Try."

"Try harder! Maybe try not sucking so much!" Reggie yells from beside me.

I turn to him and smack his chest. "Don't be an ass."

He rubs the spot where I hit him. "C'mon I'm just teasing him,Bev."

I rolled my eyes and divert my attention back to Archie. "Sorry, I gotta go."And Archie runs off the stage.

I let my head fall back and let out on aggravated sigh.

"What's with you?" Reggie asks and I give him a death glare. "What?"

"He was already nervous enough without you and the football team being dicks." I huff and sink into my seat.

"You can't seriously be mad at me for that? C'mon I was just messing around."

I grab my bag and roll my eyes. "Later." I go and sit next to Veronica in the front row and watch the remainder of the auditions.

I stop Kevin when everyone has left the auditorium. "Hey I was wondering if I could be in the Variety Show?"

"Doing what exactly?" Kevin gives me a confused expression. The thing is I don't really like to be center of attention so I never show off any type of talent the only person that I would let in on it was Jason.

"I sing. And I don't want to do this for people to tell me amazing I am or anything like that, for me its just a final goodbye to Jason. He's the only one I ever let hear me sing."

"Well, maybe, let me hear what you got."

I take a step back to make sure no one else is in the room. I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

"Something always brings me back to you
It never takes to long
No matter what I say or do
I'll still feel you til the moment I'm gone."

When I open my eyes Kevin is smiling from ear to ear. "So?"

"You are so in! Why didn't you tell me you could sing like that? I am honestly offended." Kevin and I begin walking to our next classes.

"Well it's not something I'm super interested in to be honest and it was something that between Jason and I. By the way can you not make a big deal out of me doing this? I want it to be low key."

"Of course." He says.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "Swear?" I stick out my pinky.

He looks at it for a moment before sighing and stomping his foot. "Fine." He grabs my pinky with his and we kiss our fists meaning that neither of us will say a word.