9

Betty and Jughead walked into the student lounge when Archie was telling us about a summer music program he could possibly get into

"Just in time, we're celebrating." Veronica announced.

"Archie was just telling us about this super-exclusive music program he's going to this summer." Kevin boasted over Archie's achievement.

"Maybe." Archie quickly corrected. "If it happens though, it would be huge for me." 

"Do you have to audition for it?" Jughead asked.

"Well not exactly. Mrs.Blossom by earlier and said she'd put in a good word for me."

"Amazing." 

"Terrifying." 

Kevin and Veronica spoke at the same time and gave each other looks. 

"I have to agree with Veronica on this one. Absolutely terrifying."

"Uh huh. What is she getting out of it?" Jughead questioned. There is no way that Aunt P would do something like this without a favor in return. 

Archie hesitated a moment before answering. "I told her I would take Cheryl to their family's tree tapping thing." 

"Seriously? You have a girlfriend, Archie." I pointed out.

"I already talked to Valerie, she's cool with it." 

"Cool with you being a gigolo, now?" Jughead remarked and I let out a giggle. 

"I'm doing someone a favor for my music, Jughead. I need to make connections outside of Riverdale." Archie retorted.

"Archie, doing a favor for a connection is like giving someone a blowjob or something. This is practically blackmail." Everyone stared at me for a moment. "What, its true." 

They all ignored me and continued on with the conversation as if I hadn't said anything. 

Whatever. 

"That's the way of the world. Its all about connections. But Jughead is right. These types of favors always come with a price tag." Veronica pointed out. 

"Yeah a Blossom price tag and those a hefty." I add. 

"Betty, back me up here." Archie begged for someone to be on his side. 

"I think its a great idea." She says.

"Thank you, Betty." 

"Has the whole world gone insane." I sink into my seat in a huff. 

"Yeah, and while your there can you talk to Polly for me? I just want to make sure she's okay." Betty asks. I would offer but I already tried and failed. When I got back to the house and found out that in fact Polly did decide to come stay with us, I tried to talk some sense into her and send her back home where she belongs she wouldn't have it. She shut me out and wouldn't speak to me. Its like years of friendship never happened and she was just a stranger to me. I wish she would talk to me. I'm worried about her.